How far is too far to buy your Bronco Sport?

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I was at the dealer in Georgia yesterday to inquire about possibly getting a very nice looking badlands shipped to me from another dealer. It only got its window sticker yesterday so its still in Mexico at the best, possibly not even put together fully yet.

The answer they gave me was I had no chance of getting it from them because they had nothing to trade for it. That I believe wholeheartedly as their entire parking lot looked like a wild west ghost town, just without the tumbleweeds.

Its very sad that I cant get it because it has everything I wanted from a badlands. Cyber orange; cargo management system; trailer tow package; carpeted floor mats; and a cargo mat. The only problem is its on order to a dealer 600 miles away in Virginia.

So I was curious about how far current sport owners had to drive to get what they wanted. I would go to any dealer in the state of Georgia if any of them could get what I wanted, but my state seems to have an issue with keeping any badlands for more than a few hours on the lot.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I drove 1k miles round trip to test drive a Badlands and Cherokee Trailhawk that happened to be withing 20 miles of each other in San Diego....drove home with the Trailhawk.

OP
OP
Leenaya

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Sadly I don't think they have a seat big enough for my trade in to fly with me. I guess it just depends on how badly I want it. Can always dump the trade at CarMax i suppose. Up in the air about wanting to go that far or just wait for the 2022 orders to start.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Sadly I don't think they have a seat big enough for my trade in to fly with me. I guess it just depends on how badly I want it. Can always dump the trade at CarMax i suppose. Up in the air about wanting to go that far or just wait for the 2022 orders to start.
I'd say if you are thinking this hard about it and questioning a forum...you are willing to go further than you give yourself credit. Waiting for 2022 is somewhat of a crapshoot. As things are predictions show 22-23 may not be any better and possibly worse. Look how long it's taking current administration to handle immigration problems, stimulus, etc...the chips are not a priority.
Or, Ford just gets it done and finds a way to resume production. The fact they have F-150s the bread and butter stashed away is not a good omen.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I drove 400 mile roundtrip to pick up my BB.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad

Draper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL + BL, 2021 Ranger XLT Sport
390 miles round trip to get a BL + BL with 30 miles on it...

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 FX2
My dealership is 1.9 miles from my house.

Nighthawk

First Edition
First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nighthawkboots.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy impala
Well, I think if I wanted it bad enough, anywhere in the country. That’s just me. I’d make it an adventure on the ride back home, though. Lol.
Funny it was brought up. I’m actually still overseas. I ordered mine the night orders opened up last year. I still haven’t seen my sport in person. When it was ready for pickup from the dealership, I had them hold it for a couple months on the lot after closing the deal via online. I had no way to pick it up being overseas, so Ford decided to deliver it to my house. My ex-wife parked it in my garage when they delivered it. So, I drove or traveled zero miles to get my sport. ?

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Well, I think if I wanted it bad enough, anywhere in the country. That’s just me. I’d make it an adventure on the ride back home, though. Lol.
Funny it was brought up. I’m actually still overseas. I ordered mine the night orders opened up last year. I still haven’t seen my sport in person. When it was ready for pickup from the dealership, I had them hold it for a couple months on the lot after closing the deal via online. I had no way to pick it up being overseas, so Ford decided to deliver it to my house. My ex-wife parked it in my garage when they delivered it. So, I drove or traveled zero miles to get my sport. ?
My dealer dropped mine off to me at my place of employment. Why pick it up if they will deliver it ? (about a 30 mile drive )
Sponsored