BSB75

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands CO
I have tried palsapp site with no success. Does anyone know what rail company is used for East Coast shipments to dealers? Any info is greatly appreciated especially anyone who was able to track their vehicles shipment not using palsapp, thanks!
Sponsored

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have tried palsapp site with no success. Does anyone know what rail company is used for East Coast shipments to dealers? Any info is greatly appreciated especially anyone who was able to track their vehicles shipment not using palsapp, thanks!
Try either Union Pacific or CSX.

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok will try those thanks!
If it helps, once I obtained my railcar number from my Vehicle Visibility Report, I used Union Pacific to track my railcar from Mexico to Illinois. Afterwards, I used CSX to track my railcar from Illinois to Michigan.

Dominguez1

Badlands
First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If it helps, once I obtained my railcar number from my Vehicle Visibility Report, I used Union Pacific to track my railcar from Mexico to Illinois. Afterwards, I used CSX to track my railcar from Illinois to Michigan.
Which websites did you use? I can’t seem seem to find where to put in the rail car number.

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which websites did you use? I can’t seem seem to find where to put in the rail car number.
You have to call the railroad in question and use their automated phone system:

Union Pacific: 800-877-5123 (Choose Option 1 for English, say "Trace" when asked for a response, then follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)

CSX: 800-235-2352 (Say "Location" and follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)

GOOSEBUMPS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
My bronco showed pending in the palsapp all the way even after dealer said it was delivered in Pennsylvania. Showed it was pending to New Castle, Delaware

OP
OP

BSB75

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Union Pacific: 800-877-5123 (Choose Option 1 for English, say "Trace" when asked for a response, then follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)

CSX: 800-235-2352 (Say "Location" and follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)
Thanks again had it located in Tucson on 5/3 and headed to Illinois on 5/8, I guess that is when it will switch to CSX for NJ

OP
OP

BSB75

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the rail car number used for Union Pacific change for CSX? Do you need to call the dealer again to find a specific new railcar number used by CSX? Thanks!

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the rail car number used for Union Pacific change for CSX? Do you need to call the dealer again to find a specific new railcar number used by CSX? Thanks!
The railcar number stays the same throughout it's journey...regardless of carrier.

DonBennett69

Big Bend
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 SuperDuty
The only way a new number for the auto rack carring your vehicle would be needed is if the vehicle was unloaded from the first auto rack and loaded onto another one. Seriously doubt that. If you watch a train with auto racks in it, there are cars from practically every railroad around now and probably some from rosds that disappeared after mergers. Hell, depending on the priority of the train, the head-end power (locomotive) may stay UP as "run through power" which is a process to dispense with the time to swap out the power from UP to CSX. A CSX crew simply takes over from the UP crew at the interchange point and takes the train on to the destination.

OP
OP

BSB75

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only way a new number for the auto rack carring your vehicle would be needed is if the vehicle was unloaded from the first auto rack and loaded onto another one. Seriously doubt that. If you watch a train with auto racks in it, there are cars from practically every railroad around now and probably some from rosds that disappeared after mergers. Hell, depending on the priority of the train, the head-end power (locomotive) may stay UP as "run through power" which is a process to dispense with the time to swap out the power from UP to CSX. A CSX crew simply takes over from the UP crew at the interchange point and takes the train on to the destination.
Thank you. Almost here and cannot wait, getting antsy

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco

I tried using these with the rail car number that is on the window sticker and had no luck. Is there a way to talk to a person for tracking?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I tried using these with the rail car number that is on the window sticker and had no luck. Is there a way to talk to a person for tracking?
Ask your sales person for a Visibility Report and it will show exactly where your rail car is.

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just looked up my window sticker and my railcar was not there. I pulled my railcar number off of the Vehicle Visibility Report my dealer shared with me. Once you have that, the automated process should work.

I've read in other forums that we really aren't supposed to be talking to anyone directly. I never felt like I had to talk to anyone in person because I ended up with everything I needed with the automated systems.
Sponsored