Order Deadline for 2021?

Lisa_xf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
I just had a dealer tell me that if I ordered a Bronco Sport today, I wouldn't get it until 2022. He said the order deadline was March 19. Is that true?
He also said that Ford is not producing these for general inventory, they can only be ordered. I hadn't heard that either.
I know there are chip issues and the order timeline varies based on the options chosen, but I thought an order would take 3-4 months. I would be ordering a Big Bend with the Big Bend package or an Outer Banks with the Outer Banks package. I didn't tell him that so he was just talking about ALL orders. I'm just looking for some fact checking on this info if anyone knows.
Sponsored

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I just had a dealer tell me that if I ordered a Bronco Sport today, I wouldn't get it until 2022. He said the order deadline was March 19. Is that true?
He also said that Ford is not producing these for general inventory, they can only be ordered. I hadn't heard that either.
I know there are chip issues and the order timeline varies based on the options chosen, but I thought an order would take 3-4 months. I would be ordering a Big Bend with the Big Bend package or an Outer Banks with the Outer Banks package. I didn't tell him that so he was just talking about ALL orders. I'm just looking for some fact checking on this info if anyone knows.
I had an email response from a dealership several weeks ago that they could not order any more Bronco Sports until 2022 because of their allocation. I had emailed to check on one showing as available which really wasn't. Glad I already had an order in...

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
March 19 was the cutoff for full size Broncos.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Something is going on regarding ordering Sports. I had actually firmed up my configuration once my local dealer confirmed they could order an Outer Banks with OB package minus moonroof. The salesman requested I come in when the general manager was there to get the order configured and solidify my deal including evaluating my trade-in. The day we agreed to get this done was March 19, and I took that Friday off and texted the salesman as planned to set a time.
He ignored my texts until late in the day and said "they were swamped with "big Bronco" orders as that was deadline day for ordering. He also mentioned there wasn't much money to be made from selling the Sports.
Then they dropped me like a rock and apparently lost interest.

Another local dealership told me that Ford had single-sourced some critical parts and were having supplier issues (this was prior to the Suez event which I don't think is relevant to their production issues). He told me not to bother trying to get one this year. I've been to no less than six sizable Ford dealerships and the sales staff seem unenthusiastic over this product, almost to the point of discouraging the customer.

This is becoming increasingly frustrating. All the hype, the expensive goat ads, and you still don't see any inventory on the lots and apparently, in my case, can't even order one.

Last edited:

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I know it's frustrating folks but they would sell you one if they could. COVID really messed up supply chains and it'll take until next year until manufacturing is back up to normal. I work in critical medical manufacturing and we can't get all the supplies we need either.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I know it's frustrating folks but they would sell you one if they could. COVID really messed up supply chains and it'll take until next year until manufacturing is back up to normal. I work in critical medical manufacturing and we can't get all the supplies we need either.
My wife works in purchasing for a large food company and its a similar story there. It doesn't matter what it is...raw materials, machine parts, packaging materials. Everything is either behind schedule by months or flat out unavailable.

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
After dealing with a dealership that refused to contact me after I left ("order guy wasn't there") 3/27 (Order was supposed to be confirmed 3/29), I contacted another dealer yesterday 3/30. He put the order in (I got the email confirmation from Ford) and everything and told me they were seeing only a 12-15 week leadtime on the BS. I'm hoping this is truly the case or else I was highly misled.

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
After dealing with a dealership that refused to contact me after I left ("order guy wasn't there") 3/27 (Order was supposed to be confirmed 3/29), I contacted another dealer yesterday 3/30. He put the order in (I got the email confirmation from Ford) and everything and told me they were seeing only a 12-15 week leadtime on the BS. I'm hoping this is truly the case or else I was highly misled.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado

I understand that there may be very real supply issues that Ford is dealing with. If so, then they should quit making goat videos and inform their potential customer base that they are having supply issues and cannot deliver on the hype they're promoting. The frustration is real and if Ford couldn't deliver as promised, then they should have delayed the launch. And certainly not promoted it so strongly only to disappoint. Some of the salesman acknowledged that Ford's promotion got people shopping (car fever) only to purchase a competitor's product that was available.

Reactions: Jrl

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
4-5 months is the normal wait ....I ordered Jan 9 and eta is mid/end May.
Yep, January 26 order date for me and I'm looking at a mid-May build and a mid-June delivery. Will be about 5 months wait all in. Frustrating for sure but I'm enjoying the "no payments' so far. :D

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Yep, January 26 order date for me and I'm looking at a mid-May build and a mid-June delivery. Will be about 5 months wait all in. Frustrating for sure but I'm enjoying the "no payments' so far. :D
Feels like the day before Christmas for 5 months...........yeah!:clap:

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
4-5 months is the normal wait ....I ordered Jan 9 and eta is mid/end May.

Ugh... My 2012 Juke just blew out her last leg at 207k miles... I was hoping for a faster schedule... I'll keep my fingers crossed that production will ramp...

I'm driving a V6 ford ranger currently and may be in the poor house by the time it shows up due to its gas consumption... :frown:

Reactions: Jrl