TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
I'm sure you guys have seen the e-mail this morning. Apparently Ford is changing the rules on X-Plan pricing, with one change specifically for MCA members.

1) MCA members must be Digital or Standard tier. The $25 Associate tier no longer eligible.
2) Must be a member for 90 days (previously 60). This apparently applies to all partner organizations.

Full text copied below...

"
Ford Motor Company is modifying the X-Plan program for Mustang Club of America members.

Going forward only Standard and Digital members will be eligible for X-Plan.

Additionally, you must have been a member of MCA for a minimum of 90 days before you can use the X-Plan. The latter 90 day requirement is being added for all organizations eligible for X-Plan.

More details as they become available.

"

... Pretty disappointing.
Sponsored

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
The Digital tier is only $35 annually. So they are only requiring 10 more dollars. I just re-upped mine.

OP
OP

TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
The Digital tier is only $35 annually. So they are only requiring 10 more dollars. I just re-upped mine.
Same. Thankfully, MCA was super quick to reply and said our original effective date would stand. May turn out to be unnecessary, but didn't feel like rolling the dice over $10.

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Same. Thankfully, MCA was super quick to reply and said our original effective date would stand. May turn out to be unnecessary, but didn't feel like rolling the dice over $10.
Hi! I was trying to get information around this and I tried to contact someone on the X-Plan Partner website but haven’t heard back.

-Where did you reach out on the MCA site?
-Did you just have to purchase the additional $10 or the full $35 for the digital?

Thanks for your help!

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
I read these changes as new memberships 'going forward ', I would ask MCA to clarify before paying to upgrade. But like mentioned before it's $10.

OP
OP

TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Hi! I was trying to get information around this and I tried to contact someone on the X-Plan Partner website but haven’t heard back.

-Where did you reach out on the MCA site?
-Did you just have to purchase the additional $10 or the full $35 for the digital?

Thanks for your help!
I used the following link to ask if it was possible to upgrade and keep my original effective date: https://mustang.org/report-issue/

They e-mailed back within minutes and confirmed that was fine, then sent me an invoice for the $10 difference. My membership now reflects that I have the "digital"-tier membership now.

Last edited:

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I used the following link to ask if it was possible to upgrade and keep my original effective date. They e-mailed back within minutes and confirmed that was fine, then sent me an invoice for the $10 difference. My membership now reflects that I have the "digital"-tier membership now.
What link did you use? TY

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
I used the following link to ask if it was possible to upgrade and keep my original effective date: https://mustang.org/report-issue/

They e-mailed back within minutes and confirmed that was fine, then sent me an invoice for the $10 difference. My membership now reflects that I have the "digital"-tier membership now.
Thank you!

Dbcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
If I already generated a PIN am I good to go? I currently have a week of May 3 build date.

OP
OP

TOTALBRO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
If I already generated a PIN am I good to go? I currently have a week of May 3 build date.
It's tough to say. I posted a lengthy read on the full-size Bronco forum about why you might not be, and it seemed to have rubbed some people the wrong way.

The short of it is that, legally speaking, you'd have very little recourse if Ford decided that your PIN isn't valid anymore. It's all listed in the full program term's fine print that they can, at their own discretion, modify or revoke eligibility at any time. The safe move would be to go ahead and get yourself on the appropriate membership tier and wait the 90 days, but again, it might not actually be necessary to do so, and you might be just fine. I'm sure many people will confidently just tell you "yes" or "no" based on what they believe, but at the moment it isn't clear as it is actually written.

To be very explicit: I am NOT saying your PIN isn't valid. I'm just saying that technically nobody knows at the moment, and even screenshots/printouts wouldn't help you if it escalated to an actual legal dispute.

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
How long do you have to wait before you can get a PIN?
60 days, although I have seen dealerships not ask to verify that. You CAN still generate a pin before those 60 days.
Ford Bronco Sport X-Plan changes for Mustang Club of America members 9551739A-6B67-4FE6-A241-D493A273B5B7
Sponsored