Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Maybe it’s the Navy Pier interior on the FE?

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Could be electronics and other features/technology that may become standard or cheaper down the line, doesn't necessarily mean FE will be worth less than a Big Bend, just relatively less valuable. Outer banks comfort trip is in a similar boat.....Related below, but FE doesn't come with an option of adaptive cruise control...tsk, tsk. Should I change to a loaded badlands?

*Posted on FE thread but.... perhaps a loaded badlands would be a better choice with Pilot Assist 2.0 with adpative cruise control for ~$800 less with more paint options... only missing FE decals, unique grille, wheels, and windshield wiper de-icer... oh, and navy pier vs the brown leather....worth it?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester Sport
I assume we’re talking lease residuals here vs projected market resale values. If this is the case, the lower residual value theoretically would make it a better deal to buy the vehicle at the end of lease. Of course, this means higher payments during the life of the lease — I assume that’s why this table is out here... I think they want to make more money on the FEs. I think a cash purchase vs a lease makes the most sense for a FE. If you’re a cash buyer, I’m not sure this table should be disheartening as a statement of true value later on.

Badlands one

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Jeep Cherokee, 03 Chevrolet Tracker, 04 Jeep Wrangler ,15 Jeep Wrangler
Residuals do not mean much if the money factor is high. And there might not be any rebates.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
As someone who is ignorant to leasing, what do these numbers mean... thanks in advance for the help...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
The residual table just means the initial % from MSRP that you do not have to pay for on the vehicle...

You ultimately want a high residual %age and a low money factor to get the best lease...

Designermama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
Could be electronics and other features/technology that may become standard or cheaper down the line, doesn't necessarily mean FE will be worth less than a Big Bend, just relatively less valuable. Outer banks comfort trip is in a similar boat.....Related below, but FE doesn't come with an option of adaptive cruise control...tsk, tsk. Should I change to a loaded badlands?

*Posted on FE thread but.... perhaps a loaded badlands would be a better choice with Pilot Assist 2.0 with adpative cruise control for ~$800 less with more paint options... only missing FE decals, unique grille, wheels, and windshield wiper de-icer... oh, and navy pier vs the brown leather....worth it?
Yep. I went with the badlands because FE was full, but it honestly seems better anyway. I think the grill looks better on BL too. The assist 2.0 was a must for me as I just had a really bad car accident... don't ever want a repeat of that so I'll take any and all available safety features.

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Wow -- my Badlands with an MSRP of $34,780, acquired for $32,600 with a $645 lease acquisition fee (registered and plated in TX) leases for $527 monthly for 3 years (with .00125 money factor + no money down + $1,172 due at signing...) That equates to 1.5% monthly (against the MSRP)

wxsquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT 4x4 Screw Long Bed
Wow -- my Badlands with an MSRP of $34,780, acquired for $32,600 with a $645 lease acquisition fee (registered and plated in TX) leases for $527 monthly for 3 years (with .00125 money factor + no money down + $1,172 due at signing...) That equates to 1.5% monthly (against the MSRP)
Okay..... is that wow - good, or wow - it sucks?

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I’m lost. . I’ll just purchase and finance leftovers from down payment.
Sponsored