Small victory with hood insulation pad!

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I tried to get the hood pad after I bought the BS along with the engine cover. I had all the other items so I just needed to track down these two. The engine cover was fairly quick and painless. The hood insulation pad was a totally different story. After months of occasional checking I was ready to call it. After checking with a dealer across the country he told me the inventory was wrong and apologized. He did a search and said a dealer in Virginia had one in stock. I called them up and he said they had one but it was a special order. He told me to wait while he checked out back. When he came back he said they only have the one and if I want it he would sell it. Apparently, whoever ordered it never picked it up and after sitting there for months I ended up getting it. When it arrived this morning made my day! After dealing with covid with my wife recently, it was nice to get a small victory. So thank you to whoever ordered it in VA and never picked it up. Now my BS is complete.

Ford Bronco Sport Small victory with hood insulation pad! IMG_20220527_135131
Damn skippy our story’s are almost exact including the wife.!!!

Ford Bronco Sport Small victory with hood insulation pad! 32518E49-1E3F-4D94-9A97-4B59C6D7778C
Sponsored

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Crazy new times........Ford eliminating parts to try and create profit. In the Superduty Tremor Forum the discussion was about the engine cover and the insulation that was missing.....but it went further.....some guys hoods were not painted on the under side...they were black primer...not BS'n!

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want both!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Crazy new times........Ford eliminating parts to try and create profit.
I'm not sure this has been established with any evidence. Ford claims parts were eliminated due to the supply chain issues, and given it wasn't "downgrading" vehicles before the COVID panic I don't see any reason to doubt the claims.

It's always the first instinct to assume malevolent intent when something negative happens to us. I've found my happiness and sanity is far better served by never attributing to malice what can just as easily be explained by incompetence. Ford has publicly admitted it handled the supply chain shortages badly.

This isn't to say that Ford is not taking advantage of the situation; it certainly could be. But I've yet to see any solid evidence that it's doing so. Just speculation and innuendo.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i bought my 2019 edge in early 2019 before covid....when I opened the hood no plastic engine cover....but the mounts were there...called sales and they had to check all the 2019s...yup no covers...they were on prior years. In 2019 they put hood insulation on f250 powerstrokes....in 2020 built in 19....they did not. etc etc etc....all this is long before supply chain stuff. ford has been raising prices and eliminating un-nessasary stuff for a while now.....not saying its bad...its business.......like in the 1960s when American Airlines went from 2 olives in a Martini to 1...and saved 1 million dollars in a year

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Mt '23 OBX didn't have either. I knew this last October, so I ordered an engine cover, and had it before I got the car. I forgot all about the hood insulation pad. I would definitely like one now. Are they available anywhere? Does anyone know a good part to order one?

Is this it?
Insulator Hood - Front | FordUS

UPDATE: Just checked with my dealer. This number does not show up for a 2023, but it does for the 2021. I'm hoping the hoods are the same because I ordered it. It's not cheap ($200). Hopefully it fits. I'll report back next week if it comes in and I get it installed. It does come with fasteners.

Last edited:

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
Soo.. does the addition of the
Engine cover and the hood insulation make your drive better? (Quieter? Hood less vibration, etc..)

Snake Eyes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands 2023 Atlas blue
CONGRATS!! My badlands came with an hood blanket, no engine cover....the cover only took a few days to come in....been waiting for a month and no ETA on the passenger side missing air deflector and lower dash piece......

Do you think the hood blanket helped to quiet things down??
I just got mine and was just curious what was missing from yours… lol basically if you can post a picture or two. Sorry I just want to make sure mine are there.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Soo.. does the addition of the
Engine cover and the hood insulation make your drive better? (Quieter? Hood less vibration, etc..)
Drive better, that would be a No. Quieter Yes, Less Vibration that would be a Yes.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The hood insulator I ordered for my '23 OBX just came in. It's a perfect fit and has the attaching clips with it. Simple 10-minute insulation. It took my dealer 3 days to get it. The correct part # is M1PZ-16738-B 1X.

I used my Ford pass points, but the cost was $202.42.

I believe this number may show for a earlier year Bronco Sport, but the hoods are the same, and it's a perfect fit.
Ford Bronco Sport Small victory with hood insulation pad! 100_6559.JPG

Last edited:

Mrouse53

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
The hood insulator I ordered for my '23 OBX just came in. It's a perfect fit and has the attaching clips with it. Simple 10-minute insulation. It took my dealer 3 days to get it. The correct part # is M1PZ-16738-B 1X.

I believe this number may show for a earlier year Bronco Sport, but the hoods are the same, and it's a perfect fit.
Is this it, or is there more parts? I just feel like I really want one. Thanks

Mrouse53

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger

Ford Bronco Sport Small victory with hood insulation pad! Screenshot_20230316_133646_Chrome

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this it, or is there more parts? I just feel like I really want one. Thanks
That's it! Easy DIY project. Plastic attaching clips come with it. That's a great price! My dealer just charged me over $200 with tax and all.

Mrouse53

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
That's it! Easy DIY project. Plastic attaching clips come with it. That's a great price! My dealer just charged me over $200 with tax and all.
I have my points, haven't used, I think k I'll ask the dealership if the points will cover it!!!
I'm sure the one i found. Will have high shipping! Thanks
Sponsored