slowpoke17

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '19 Ranger,'09 MB, '77 & 03 Corvette,
I tried to get the hood pad after I bought the BS along with the engine cover. I had all the other items so I just needed to track down these two. The engine cover was fairly quick and painless. The hood insulation pad was a totally different story. After months of occasional checking I was ready to call it. After checking with a dealer across the country he told me the inventory was wrong and apologized. He did a search and said a dealer in Virginia had one in stock. I called them up and he said they had one but it was a special order. He told me to wait while he checked out back. When he came back he said they only have the one and if I want it he would sell it. Apparently, whoever ordered it never picked it up and after sitting there for months I ended up getting it. When it arrived this morning made my day! After dealing with covid with my wife recently, it was nice to get a small victory. So thank you to whoever ordered it in VA and never picked it up. Now my BS is complete.

Ford Bronco Sport Small victory with hood insulation pad! IMG_20220527_135131
Sponsored

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
CONGRATS!! My badlands came with an hood blanket, no engine cover....the cover only took a few days to come in....been waiting for a month and no ETA on the passenger side missing air deflector and lower dash piece......

Do you think the hood blanket helped to quiet things down??

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I tried to get the hood pad after I bought the BS along with the engine cover. I had all the other items so I just needed to track down these two. The engine cover was fairly quick and painless. The hood insulation pad was a totally different story. After months of occasional checking I was ready to call it. After checking with a dealer across the country he told me the inventory was wrong and apologized. He did a search and said a dealer in Virginia had one in stock. I called them up and he said they had one but it was a special order. He told me to wait while he checked out back. When he came back he said they only have the one and if I want it he would sell it. Apparently, whoever ordered it never picked it up and after sitting there for months I ended up getting it. When it arrived this morning made my day! After dealing with covid with my wife recently, it was nice to get a small victory. So thank you to whoever ordered it in VA and never picked it up. Now my BS is complete.

Glad mine came with insulation. Not sure if I will try to track down engine cover

OP
OP
slowpoke17

slowpoke17

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CONGRATS!! My badlands came with an hood blanket, no engine cover....the cover only took a few days to come in....been waiting for a month and no ETA on the passenger side missing air deflector and lower dash piece......

Do you think the hood blanket helped to quiet things down??
I'll find out tomorrow, it arrived this afternoon and I haven't had a chance to take it out.

OP
OP
slowpoke17

slowpoke17

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sad commentary when the owners of the NEW cars have to go out and buy these parts to complete the car. And the list of missing parts is not consistent so they can't say "all cars are like that".

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES

That's rather interesting that the hood insulator for the BS is apparently so hard to find.

I ordered one for my wife's Escape from my local dealer and it came in 2 days.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Pretty sad commentary when the owners of the NEW cars have to go out and buy these parts to complete the car. And the list of missing parts is not consistent so they can't say "all cars are like that".
"New normal" they all claim. Funny how it always benefits big business. Thankfully they reduced the price for missing equipment. (🙄🙄🙄)

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Was expecting ours to be missing pleasant surprised the insulation was there. I knew the engine cover would be MIA.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ongoing new car shortage car manufacturers have the upper hand and know they can get away with decontenting. And not just Ford either decontenting and huge prices increases from other manufactures are also occuring. Example '23 Honda CRV online reviews say a lot of features removed and big price hikes too....

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Ongoing new car shortage car manufacturers have the upper hand and know they can get away with decontenting. And not just Ford either decontenting and huge prices increases from other manufactures are also occuring. Example '23 Honda CRV online reviews say a lot of features removed and big price hikes too....
Oh no, say it isn’t so!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
But are they taking advantage of customers, or simply doing everything they can to get new vehicles into showrooms? These companies will go under rapidly if they don't sell cars.

We know supply shortages and inflation are real, so I'm not convinced manufacturers are purposefully removing features. I mean over the past five decades or so I've been interested in cars it's been about ADDING features to make vehicles more safe/useful/capable. I suspect we'll see these deleted features coming back as soon as the supply lines start moving regularly again.
Sponsored