feature comparison BSBB 2022 to 2023

51brekbronk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I have a choice of either a 2022 BSBB or 2023 BSBB on the dealer lot. Any features lost or gained from the 22 to 23 due to constraints. Should I take the 22 if there are a few more perks. Apologies if previously posted. regards Jeff
Sponsored

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Most important to me would be if one had 360+ over the other

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
As someone with a MY23 order in, based on the changing price climate on the MY22s, you should grab that 22 if you are getting a deal. Not only was there a base MSRP increase from the 22 to 23, the convenience package on the BB went up over $500 as well. I think that two comparable BBs are about $1,500 apart from a MY22 to a MY23. Now that dealers still have MY22 inventory on hand, not only are the markups that you still saw in November/early December gone, you are seeing discounts below MSRP. Considering that there are no significant changes, if you find a MY22 in stock that you like, I can't imagine it isn't a better deal than a similar MY23.

For me, this sucks. I did my Granger order and the bottom literally dropped out a few days later. So I am left with a decision, stick with my order and get a MY23; or pay less for a MY22 still available and eat the deposit (so about a wash).

OP
OP

51brekbronk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
As someone with a MY23 order in, based on the changing price climate on the MY22s, you should grab that 22 if you are getting a deal. Not only was there a base MSRP increase from the 22 to 23, the convenience package on the BB went up over $500 as well. I think that two comparable BBs are about $1,500 apart from a MY22 to a MY23. Now that dealers still have MY22 inventory on hand, not only are the markups that you still saw in November/early December gone, you are seeing discounts below MSRP. Considering that there are no significant changes, if you find a MY22 in stock that you like, I can't imagine it isn't a better deal than a similar MY23.

For me, this sucks. I did my Granger order and the bottom literally dropped out a few days later. So I am left with a decision, stick with my order and get a MY23; or pay less for a MY22 still available and eat the deposit (so about a wash).
Thanks Wes, Comparably equipped the 23 is about $580 more than the 22. The 23 has a hitch which adds another $690 so all together $1270 more for the 23. White 22 and Area 51 23. Either color works for me. Got some thinking to do.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Wes, Comparably equipped the 23 is about $580 more than the 22. The 23 has a hitch which adds another $690 so all together $1270 more for the 23. White 22 and Area 51 23. Either color works for me. Got some thinking to do.
There are some MY22 BB w/ Conv. Package under $33k in the DFW area. Unheard of two months ago and they are over $34K MSRP. I suspect that they won't last long.

OP
OP

51brekbronk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
There are some MY22 BB w/ Conv. Package under $33k in the DFW area. Unheard of two months ago and they are over $34K MSRP. I suspect that they won't last long.
That's a deal. About 1K over MSRP here in West Palm Beach area.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The other thing to factor in is how long you will own it. If you know 100% that it will be 5 years or more, then it becomes more irrelevant. But in general, a newer model will depreciate slower.
And I will warn you, you will buy a Big Bend and then you will be attracted to the Outer Banks or Badlands or some other new, special model. It is addicting fun!

Last edited:
OP
OP

51brekbronk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
The other thing to factor in is how long you will own it. If you know 100% that it will be 5 years or more, then irrelevant. But if less, then a newer model will depreciate slower. And I will warn you, you will buy a Big Bend and then you will be attracted to the Outer Banks or Badlands or some other new, special model. It is addicting fun!
I actually like the BB's 17" wheels compared to OBX and would prefer the 2.0 but won't pay up for a BL to get it.

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
Keep in mind the 23 will probably be worth more at trade-in time - it will seem a year newer (even though in this case, they are both new).

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
Keep in mind the 23 will probably be worth more at trade-in time - it will seem a year newer (even though in this case, they are both new).
Agreed. This is a question of save a bit now, or get a bit more on the backend. Typically, you come out better off going with the newest model year in a situation like this, as the back end will likely be worth more than the difference today.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The other thing to factor in is how long you will own it. If you know 100% that it will be 5 years or more, then irrelevant. But if less, then a newer model will depreciate slower. And I will warn you, you will buy a Big Bend and then you will be attracted to the Outer Banks or Badlands or some other new, special model. It is addicting fun!
That is the primary reason I haven't went out and bought one of the MY22s, I do think that a MY23 does help a couple years down the road.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)