82’ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93’ F150 / 20’ F250 / 22’ Bronco / 23’ Sport
Has anyone added a factory front camera to a Big Bend (ie: OEM Camera, installed the button on the dash in the place it’s located on a Badlands)?
Sponsored

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have not, but I'd be curious how it works if someone tries.

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Well.... Assuming you buy the Badlands Grille to accept the camera.....Which if any of you have watched videos on how to disassemble the grille and headlights on the BS, Its not an easy task. Then you must buy the camera to fit the grille, and then of course the corresponding button on the dash.... All these parts are not cheap......totally guessing but probaly $500 for the grille, $100 for the camera and $50 for the button....

Then the question is, are their wiring harnesses to accept the camera and button??? I don't know. No wire harnes = a definite no go IMO....

THEN the question is, assuming it all plug and played, is software.... Do you have to program the software?? I don't know....

End of day..... probably easier and cheaper to buy a base Badland at this point ....Probably why I haven't seen a "how to" yet.....

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
A couple of hours ago, I discovered a BS Big Bend capability I wasn't aware of. A car in front of me decided he had to be in the left turn lane and unexpectedly hit his brake. We weren't traveling at high speed but I had to hit the brake. A fraction before I braked, my dash went completely red, beeped and read 'pre-collision alert.' My Bronco keeps amazing me with its capabilities.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
A couple of hours ago, I discovered a BS Big Bend capability I wasn't aware of. A car in front of me decided he had to be in the left turn lane and unexpectedly hit his brake. We weren't traveling at high speed but I had to hit the brake. A fraction before I braked, my dash went completely red, beeped and read 'pre-collision alert.' My Bronco keeps amazing me with its capabilities.
The first time it did that scared the crap out of me. I wasn’t expecting it and it wasn’t really that close to hitting anything.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
It's nice to know it's there and looking out for me.
Maybe if I had known it was going to get all red faced scared for a car pulling in front of me, it would have been different. 😎

Slewis95407

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Sylvansport Go, 2012 Focus
Well.... Assuming you buy the Badlands Grille to accept the camera.....Which if any of you have watched videos on how to disassemble the grille and headlights on the BS, Its not an easy task. Then you must buy the camera to fit the grille, and then of course the corresponding button on the dash.... All these parts are not cheap......totally guessing but probaly $500 for the grille, $100 for the camera and $50 for the button....

Then the question is, are their wiring harnesses to accept the camera and button??? I don't know. No wire harnes = a definite no go IMO....

THEN the question is, assuming it all plug and played, is software.... Do you have to program the software?? I don't know....

End of day..... probably easier and cheaper to buy a base Badland at this point ....Probably why I haven't seen a "how to" yet.....
A cheaper way is to use a Garmin GPS and add one of their cameras.

Uncle Buck

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
A cheaper way is to use a Garmin GPS and add one of their cameras.
Slewis95407, you beat me to this answer! I have the Garmin camera on the winch bumper of my 2012 Expedition. It works great for steep declining slopes off-road. Simple installation for the camera, and wasn't too bad to make a bracket to hold the GPS on my console. When back out of the boonies both the camera & GPS are easily removed and stowed away.

DCNEHRING

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The first time my BB did that I had to change my underwear. It makes me drive more defensively.
I never want to see that thing go off again.
I wonder: If you do not respond... does it apply the brake for you?

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
Here in metro Chicago... mine goes off all time in my commute to work on I-90 because of folks cutting me off, and I have my ACC set to 89 mph 😬

Sarah Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
The pre-collision assist is amazing and and such a great feature to include with the lane keeping!

Sarah Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
The first time my BB did that I had to change my underwear. It makes me drive more defensively.
I never want to see that thing go off again.
I wonder: If you do not respond... does it apply the brake for you?
If a potential collision is detected, an alert sound is emitted and a warning message displays in the message center. If your response is not sufficient, Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) will precharge and increase brake-assist sensitivity to provide full responsiveness when you do brake. If you don’t take corrective action and a collision is imminent, brakes can apply automatically. is in short it has 3 levels to go through, and will brake automatically for you if you don't react.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
...will brake automatically for you if you don't react.
Yes, but the automatic emergency braking is not intended to prevent an accident, only to reduce the severity of one should you fail to apply the brakes in a timely manner.
Sponsored