tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This thread is stupid. Just buy this set from Walmart for less than a buck and stop wasting time.
Lol I think the only stupid thing in here is taking the time to shit on something that's apparently not for you. It's okay to skip the threads you don't like, no one will ban you. Trust me, I do it all the time.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Lol I think the only stupid thing in here is taking the time to shit on something that's apparently not for you. It's okay to skip the threads you don't like, no one will ban you. Trust me, I do it all the time.
The IGNORE button is your friend...

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
OP
OP
tburner

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wrong color. Ford puts nitrogen in the tires and identifies it by using green valve stem caps.
That and they're not long enough. I have a package of like 50 of these little cheap dust covers and originally put them on. The factory caps extend all the way to the rubber neck of the valve stem and butt up against it. These don't, leaving like a 1/8" ring of brass showing. Plus they don't have the fancy rubber gasket in the end of the cap.

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I avoided all this by simply overfilling my tires with the thicker summer weight air and then crimping the valve stems closed with vise-grips. I wrapped the crimped ends in electrical tape so it looks nicer. Seems to work well.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Boring post, but thought some might be interested down the line. I found perfect replacement valve stem dust caps on Amazon. They're indistinguishable from what my wheels had from the factory and arrived next-day (though DFW has distribution centers all over the place, so YMMV).

https://a.co/d/8GaK7lq
Why....just plain why?

Bsrenfro

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
I’ll stick with these. I found them on Amazon. Available in Grey, Black, Orange and Red.

Ford Bronco Sport OEM Replacement Valve Stem Caps C0C56940-EE99-4A64-8BD4-4CAC22968554
Will corrode. Only had them on 2 months. My husband had to torch and fluid film and wrench these ones off my sport last night.

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
Be careful with metal caps, My wife wanted some on her BS OB and got them on Amazon and now I cant get them off.
Had the same problem - I had bought some metal caps with little Broncos on them and they practically fused to my valve stems within a couple months. Went back to the boring plastics.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Apply a bit of anti-seize compound before installing and you should be fine.
Only thing is that stuff is like 5th wheel grease. It doesn't take much but it will stick with you and on you. Just messy if handling them all the time. Like airing up and down. Just give me boring caps.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Wrong color. Ford puts nitrogen in the tires and identifies it by using green valve stem caps.
Everyone puts nitrogen in the tires.

If you buy aluminum caps, buy ones with inserts. If the listing doesn't mention it, it doesn't have inserts.

Ford Bronco Sport OEM Replacement Valve Stem Caps Capture.JPG

My caps are Heirlooms. Nearly 3 decades old and originally from my Mustang, this Bronco is the 4th vehicle I've used them on and they've clocked, collectively, almost 400,000 miles and survived one trip to the Costco garbage can when the tire jockey ignored the "save caps" note. Now I just take them off when having service done.
Sponsored