Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Snagged the last set of 245/65/17s on the island today. They'll go on next week and I'll follow up with some pics. This will be my first experience with Yokohama's and I'm looking forward to trying them out as they are highly rated for wet roads. A lot of our roads are made with crushed shells... very slick when wet. Anyone with experience with these tires, please chime in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike_L

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Same here on my badlands, Yokohama Geolandar 245/65/17 for beginner - medium off-roading. What tyre pressure are using?

Gustavo
Those look great! Thanks for sharing. Just two more days before mine are installed. Checkout here for recommended tire pressure: Pressure Calculator

OP
OP
Mike_L

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
New skins today! Extremely happy with my choice of 245s. I initially thought they might be too much tire. But, no, they are perfect on the Badlands. The slight boost in height is also noticeable and just about where I want it. Might rethink putting a lift kit in. Very noticeable increase in steering response and stability. I can definitely feel a firmer grip on the road. No noticeable increase in road noise. MPG to the garage was 33, coming home 29. No highways to drive on here. All towns, villages, and short spurts up to 60. I'll watch for a month to see where the MPG settles down to.
Ford Bronco Sport Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 Yokohama Geolandar

Ford Bronco Sport Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 New Skins

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Buying my Geo’s tomorrow as they go on sale.
Had them on my old ‘04 Escape for two years now. It’s my back up car so only 6,000 miles on the tires.
Still look new.

OP
OP
Mike_L

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Buying my Geo’s tomorrow as they go on sale.
Had them on my old ‘04 Escape for two years now. It’s my back up car so only 6,000 miles on the tires.
Still look new.
This is my first experience with Yokohamas and I'm very impressed. It'll be hard for me to go over 5,000 in a year... not too many places to go on a 35 mile long island and I don't get out much ;-)

Haggy38

Badlands
First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
New skins today! Extremely happy with my choice of 245s. I initially thought they might be too much tire. But, no, they are perfect on the Badlands. The slight boost in height is also noticeable and just about where I want it. Might rethink putting a lift kit in. Very noticeable increase in steering response and stability. I can definitely feel a firmer grip on the road. No noticeable increase in road noise. MPG to the garage was 33, coming home 29. No highways to drive on here. All towns, villages, and short spurts up to 60. I'll watch for a month to see where the MPG settles down to.
Ford Bronco Sport Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 Yokohama Geolandar

Ford Bronco Sport Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 New Skins
Congrats, The Geolandar are great tires, just curious, what psi are you setup?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As to cold psi, my observations on my 2004 AWD Escape and Geolandars
The Escapes data plate says 30 psi and my Geolandars are the stock size 235 wides.
30 psi cold works great But 32 and 33 psi feels a bit more stable in the corners, not hauling azz but not being grandma.
Side note: my Baby Bronc does best in all conditions at door plate psi, 33… no more and no less.
Based on this I would expect 35 psi will be the sweet spot on my BS.
I’m going up a smidge from 225 to 235 wide and expect this to make a small difference on TP for best handling.

Note : I check tread depth monthly when I do tire pressure. ( more often when air temps swing seasonally)
I check each tire slot between the treads in four of five places around the tire. I am looking for even wear.
It can be a tight rope.
Easy driving slower turns need psi closer to the data plate.
Faster cornering wears out side treads faster so more pressure makes the tire ride on the center treads more.
In my Mustang I got even tread wear across the tire running 5 psi above the data plate.
Yep I hauled ass in that car, why ?
Because your suppose to drive a pony car fast, If you just wanna look cool go buy an old T-bird,,,jeez,,,, :.P

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike_L

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Congrats, The Geolandar are great tires, just curious, what psi are you setup?
The tire center put them at 33 which feels fine. I'll leave them there for now and may follow Osco's advice.

OP
OP
Mike_L

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
As to cold psi, my observations on my 2004 AWD Escape and Geolandars
The Escapes data plate says 30 psi and my Geolandars are the stock size 235 wides.
30 psi cold works great But 32 and 33 psi feels a bit more stable in the corners, not hauling azz but not being grandma.
Side note: my Baby Bronc does best in all conditions at door plate psi, 33… no more and no less.
Based on this I would expect 35 psi will be the sweet spot on my BS.
I’m going up a smidge from 225 to 235 wide and expect this to make a small difference on TP for best handling.

Note : I check tread depth monthly when I do tire pressure. ( more often when air temps swing seasonally)
I check each tire slot between the treads in four of five places around the tire. I am looking for even wear.
It can be a tight rope.
Easy driving slower turns need psi closer to the data plate.
Faster cornering wears out side treads faster so more pressure makes the tire ride on the center treads more.
In my Mustang I got even tread wear across the tire running 5 psi above the data plate.
Yep I hauled ass in that car, why ?
Because your suppose to drive a pony car fast, If you just wanna look cool go buy an old T-bird,,,jeez,,,, :.P
That looks to be good advice. Mine are at 33 and I'm happy with the handling but I may follow what your doing and see how it works out.

I had a 2014 Mustang in a previous life. Miss it dearly, but with the roads over here, my wife says its like wearing 'high heels in the mountains'! LOL.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
OK, this is gonna be a stupid question for some of you, but I'm going for it anyways... ? Could one safely go up in tire size w/o changing the wheels? Badlands, and perhaps other trims too, is offered with 2 tire sizes 225/65-R17 and 235/65-R17. Is that OK to move up to 235 from 225?

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 Chevy c10, '22 Bronco Sport BL
OK, this is gonna be a stupid question for some of you, but I'm going for it anyways... ? Could one safely go up in tire size w/o changing the wheels? Badlands, and perhaps other trims too, is offered with 2 tire sizes 225/65-R17 and 235/65-R17. Is that OK to move up to 235 from 225?
Yes. You'd be fine. The measurement for height is the "65" which represents sidewall. The 225/235 width of the tread.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s what I’m doing,, and certain higher trim Bronco sports with 17 inch wheels come from the factory with 235/65-R17’s
Go back and check your model specs … Mine is the base model

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It reads like this :
235 mm wide you understand so
The 65 means the side wall height is 65% of the tread width, follow me ?
Sponsored