jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm going to have the hood on my Cyber Orange FE wrapped in XPEL to help protect it from the inevitable stone chips that I know are in it's future. But I'm thinking about going w/a satin wrap because like some others have noted the shape of the hood can send glare from the sun directly into your face. I'm just not sure how it would look against the rest of it being glossy. I could remove the decals from the hood and go w/a satin black or dark grey but I'd rather stick w/the OEM color and wrapping the whole thing isn't an option (I wish it were but that's a of $$).

Thoughts?
Sponsored

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
I'm going to have the hood on my Cyber Orange FE wrapped in XPEL to help protect it from the inevitable stone chips that I know are in it's future. But I'm thinking about going w/a satin wrap because like some others have noted the shape of the hood can send glare from the sun directly into your face. I'm just not sure how it would look against the rest of it being glossy. I could remove the decals from the hood and go w/a satin black or dark grey but I'd rather stick w/the OEM color and wrapping the whole thing isn't an option (I wish it were but that's a of $$).

Thoughts?
My PPF guy didn't ask that, maybe because I am also ceramic coating the whole vehicle afterwards? Or maybe he gets the vehicle and chooses. He has a incredible reputation locally so I am not worried about it. Xpel Ultimate Plus?

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
I think satin just on the hood would like you had a bad repaint done. Go glossy and buy some good sunglasses.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands

Thoughts?
Satin if you want it to have more of the rustic, unfinished tough classic look. Glossy if you want it to look like a suburban mall cruiser.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
side thought...go gloss, and the satin black accents do actually look pretty cool up the center. I know it's more of a 'jeep' look...but it still looks pretty good on an SUV. The polarized sunglasses are probably better anyways long term.
Sponsored