realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My winter carwash ritual here in Michigan. First, visit self-serve wash to use high-pressure spray on mud and salt. Then home to garage for some self-serve detailing. And yes, short folks need a boost even on small SUVs. ;)
Ford Bronco Sport Winter Carwash Ritual G0020302.JPG
Sponsored

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I wish I had a garage! I'll never take our Bronco to one of those automated car washes with brushes. Too easy to damage the paint.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
My winter carwash ritual here in Michigan. First, visit self-serve wash to use high-pressure spray on mud and salt. Then home to garage for some self-serve detailing. And yes, short folks need a boost even on small SUVs. ;)
Ford Bronco Sport Winter Carwash Ritual G0020302.JPG
how often should you wash off salt / mud?

We don’t see that much snow in southern california but had a big winter storm last week. a lot of salt / mud on my car, recently washed off with rain but i’m pretty sure undercarriage has some salt / mud from about 1-2 weeks ago.

OP
OP
realworld51

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
how often should you wash off salt / mud?

We don’t see that much snow in southern california but had a big winter storm last week. a lot of salt / mud on my car, recently washed off with rain but i’m pretty sure undercarriage has some salt / mud from about 1-2 weeks ago.
I wouldn't worry too much about the occasional exposure. Here we're exposed to repeated road salt use from Nov to March. I make regular use of the high-pressure spray at the self-serve wash during the winter as time permits, paying attention to front end, wheel wells, rocker panels, and aluminum wheels. Automatic car washes can include an underbody spray, but with the significant coverage of underbody cladding (stem to stern) on the Sport I'm not sure how effective that would be? HTH

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Got mine December 19, washed it December 26 and froze my fingers off as It was 37 degree's and breezy.
I washed It week before last on a 40 degree day, with a breeze, froze my fingers off.
It rained the next day. Muddy roads everywhere.
Next washing will be late March I suspect :p
Besides the more dirt the more It looks like I go off road :,P It makes me feel cool. LoL

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
My winter washing routine is simple: I don’t.
I have an electronic rust module on the car, and layer polish on it prior to winter. Come spring, it gets a thorough cleaning.
I figure I live in Canada and we get winter and the thing can suck it up or rust. Too bad, so sad ????
Sponsored