pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
In SoCal sometimes I’d wear pants and closed toed shoes when it dipped into the 60’s in January ?
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
havent had the sport for a winter yet. however prior cars, wand wash and never the ‘brush of paint death’. most car washes shut down for a few weeks here, due to our severe winters.
always dry the weatherstrips with a towel, or you taint getting inside.
That's no joke. I remember as a kid taking a girl to a dance, washed up the bronco in my photo, and it had metal keys. It was February came out and the locks were frozen solid. She went into the school and grabbed cups of hot water to pour over the locks as I tried to steam breath them? took about five cups of water to get in. I DID wipe weather strips, that was mandatory per my dad. From then on I carried those little lock de-icer tubes you could shove in the lock mechanism. Cold climate probs.
Now I have a heated garage, I just hit the wash and knock the salt off with sprayer only. Quick wipe and go, let it thaw in the garage and hit door seals and anything that opens. Haven't seen winter with the sport yet but I'm well practiced??

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
In SoCal sometimes I’d wear pants and closed toed shoes when it dipped into the 60’s in January ?
You aren't joking. We were in Cali for the rose bowl many years ago, shorts and t-shirt on the beach and locals knew we were with Michigan...it was a "chilly" 73.??

denisyoung

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
I am too lazy to wash the car in winter. But you have to if you get into the mud somewhere. But I have a steamer for car detailing, with them washing is much easier. Because you do not need to contact with water and it is fast

Last edited:

Emberok

Badlands
First Name
Emberok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
I also used to try to wash my car myself in winter, but then I realized that it was better for me to pay some money to a good car wash instead of spending hours washing my car on the street. And usually turn to this service in winter for washing the car -- https://sparklewash.com/commercial-pressure-washing/. Still, I recently discovered that this service could also wash my garage, which can't please me because I haven't cleaned my garage for several years. Well, in short, I gave you tips about car washing, I hope they will be helpful, and in general, it's best to wash your car yourself only in the summer, when it pleases you.

CactusGreyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2017 Flex 365 HP/EcoBoost,VW GL
I wash my cars a few times in the winter. I live in a suburb of Chicago. I wait till the temp gets into the high 30s. I use a power washer and bucket. I also use a mop looking thing meant for washing cars. I picked it up a few years ago at the auto parts store. It’s great since I don’t have to dip my hand in the bucket of water. Also that bucket of water i fill it up with hot/warm water. I wear latex gloves so it’s not as cold when my hands get wet. If you do use a power washer be careful were you store it after using it as there is always water inside of it. So store it some place that it won’t freeze. I put my car in the garage after washing it so the doors don’t freeze. Other wise you’ll need to buy the stuff they sell at the auto parts store for the locks. Two pics of the Bronco right after washing them today. It was a high of 37 degrees today here in Chicagoland.
Ford Bronco Sport Winter Car Washing Tips? F2EDD894-D982-4842-920C-30A5091A213B
Ford Bronco Sport Winter Car Washing Tips? 03CDF645-62EC-42B8-B1DB-2F56D7E77F62

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
For winter, I just do a drive though touchless wash every couple of weeks, or until I'm disgusted with how dirty it is.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I pay about $50 a month for unlimited washes on 2 cars at Delta Sonic. That also gets me 5 cents off a gallon every time I buy gas. Their top tier wash is about $20 now so even if I only get 2 washes (per car, per month), I'm still way ahead.
Sponsored

Last edited: