Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hello everyone!

I went to get in my car this morning and roll the windows down and was met with this God awful whine from the front passenger side. I have a video comparing the sounds on either window.

Has anyone experienced this before? A whining electric motor typically indicates failure or close to it from my experience.

What do you guys think?

Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It sounds like the motor is straining. Did you check for any obstructions in the window tracks? Make sure the tracks are properly seated in the window frame as well.

This doesn't seem likely to me, mainly because I believe the motor has a safety feature to shut itself off if it senses an obstruction. But you never know...

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hello everyone!

I went to get in my car this morning and roll the windows down and was met with this God awful whine from the front passenger side. I have a video comparing the sounds on either window.

Has anyone experienced this before? A whining electric motor typically indicates failure or close to it from my experience.

What do you guys think?

Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I'm just spitballing here, but the first thing I'd do is make sure the battery is fully charged. Lower voltage increases the heat and resistance in the motor. That in itself shouldn't make a noise, but it may have damaged the motor.

I know I've burned out several cheap air compressors by not running the engine while running the compressor.

OP
OP
Cursed Bronco

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm just spitballing here, but the first thing I'd do is make sure the battery is fully charged. Lower voltage increases the heat and resistance in the motor. That in itself shouldn't make a noise, but it may have damaged the motor.

I know I've burned out several cheap air compressors by not running the engine while running the compressor.
That's a good idea. If you notice in the video, I am in a parking garage. I often come out to my car and put in Accessory Mode to run the radio and charge my phone while chilling for 10-15 minutes a couple times per day.

I did check the tracks like Mark said and didn't notice anything. The noise still hasn't gone away so I'll likely end up taking it to the dealer.
Sponsored