Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
In 2014 I bought a new Escape Titanium. I also bought new Verde chrome mag wheels and TPMS sensors. Since then, I've used these wheels and sensors on my 2017 Lincoln MKC and my 2019 Ford Edge Titanium. Now I want to install them on my 2023 OBX. The question is whether or not to change out the sensors. They worked fine when I took them off the Edge last fall. Do they gradually wear out and need replacement or do they last longer?
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
In 2014 I bought a new Escape Titanium. I also bought new Verde chrome mag wheels and TPMS sensors. Since then, I've used these wheels and sensors on my 2017 Lincoln MKC and my 2019 Ford Edge Titanium. Now I want to install them on my 2023 OBX. The question is whether or not to change out the sensors. They worked fine when I took them off the Edge last fall. Do they gradually wear out and need replacement or do they last longer?
TPMS sensor battery life is on the order of 5 to 10 years, not to say they can't last longer.

You can use them until they start reading intermittently or stop working completely and then change out whatever sensor is bad.

OP
OP
Mrmike

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TPMS sensor battery life is on the order of 5 to 10 years, not to say they can't last longer.

You can use them until they start reading intermittently or stop working completely and then change out whatever sensor is bad.

Thanks for the reply. Mine are going on 9 years old. I think I'll install new ones when I get the wheels put on the OBX next month.

OP
OP
Mrmike

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another quick question! I do all my own tire rotations and snow to summer tire changeovers every year. Does the Bronco Sport re-train the sensors each time or do I have buy a tool or go to a tire store or dealer to get them re-trained?

FakeCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
Another quick question! I do all my own tire rotations and snow to summer tire changeovers every year. Does the Bronco Sport re-train the sensors each time or do I have buy a tool or go to a tire store or dealer to get them re-trained?
No tool required to relearn but Ford may have changed TPMS frequency from 315mhz to 433mhz for 2023 model year, still haven't been able to find out definitive info on this one.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
You can try this to relearn the tpms. I think the procedure is on the forum somewhere.....

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Mrmike if you have a Discount Tire store near you, they would be happy to assist you in the retraining and it is a free service. We sell aftermarket sensors that can be programed to 315 or 433 mhz so it covers both. Don't hesitate to take advantage of this convivence.
Sponsored