Widest tire can put on 18in factory rims?

Jmav216

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
I'm curious what the whitest tire is that you can put on these rims

Ford Bronco Sport Widest tire can put on 18in factory rims? Screenshot_20230125-201051_Chrome
Sponsored

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
When I was at Tire Discount the largest they recommended for my OBX was 235/60/18 but 245 was doable. I do not know if that was a mere recommendation or what is possible but I will say the Toyo A/T III in 235/60/18 were great, both in looks and performance.

OP
OP

Jmav216

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Really....they fit rims fine? Did tire place give you hard time putting them on? Pictures??

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Tigger,

Thank you for your business and support,

The store you visited was probably going conservative on the larger size tire for your vehicle.

We are happy that you are pleased with the tires.

The Toyo A/T 3 is a solid tire and a great choice by many enthusiasts.

@Jmav216,

Our fitment guide shows the 255/55R-18 to be the largest tire, that fits the wheel width, but has to be test fit to make sure there is no contact.

Hope this helps.

If you have any more questions, price, availability, or store location, feel free to P.M.

We are here to help.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
@Tigger,

The store you visited was probably going conservative on the larger size tire for your vehicle.

@Jmav216,

Our fitment guide shows the 255/55R-18 to be the largest tire, that fits the wheel width, but has to be test fit to make sure there is no contact.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for that information and I like your involvement/expertise on these boards. To be honest, I did not ask for the largest possible but rather what met my wants and needs, so they may have told me that the 255/55 were possible but the 235/60 was decided upon. As always, they did a great job and I was happy.

Last edited:

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Tigger ,

That's great to hear!

Thank you for your kind words.

We always strive to deliver on a world class tire/wheel purchase experience and if we fall short, we do our best to make it right.

Thanks again for your support.

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have 255/60-18 running on mine with a 1.5 inch lift.

I had to remove the small wheel well mud flaps in the front of each tire due to rubbing when driving. Wind would push them against tires and start to melt.

I also have a little bit of rubbing in the front wheel well fabric liner. That also might be because they ripped from their undercarriage mounting due to wind as well. But I put in some 1/2” offset spacers to push my tires out a little, and that seemed to help the passenger side where the liner had not ripped yet.

All in all, there is clearance though. I recommend offsetting slightly though, just to make sure you don’t rub when turning your steering wheel.

renz A.

Outer Banks
First Name
renz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
@Tigger,

@Jmav216,

Hope this helps.

If you have any more questions, price, availability, or store location, feel free to P.M.

We are here to help.
would a 245/65r18 fit in a non lifted bronco?

Last edited:

renz A.

Outer Banks
First Name
renz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
@renz A.
Highly doubtful, you are increasing the height by almost 2 inches, plus there are not many options for tires in that size anyway.
I see. I just got my outer banks last week and i want to get some new a/t tires. Some say i should get a 235/65 or a 245/60. I’m looking for tires that will fit and can make my OB a bit aggressive looking without using any lifts. Thank you
Sponsored