Who changed model? Who sold a 1.5 to get into 2.0?

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Have noticed several people have sold or traded in their Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, models to get into a Badlands.

Thought to ask those who sold their 1.5 and into the 2.0~
What was your reasons for doing so?
Who else may be planning to change model?
Sponsored

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
I did secretly. Wife thinks we ordered her a smoke bronze OBX, but I switched it up for a grand more and it's now a BL w Prem,/ 360/ cargo. For a grand more than the OBX it was a no brainer.

alexhatt

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I did secretly. Wife thinks we ordered her a smoke bronze OBX, but I switched it up for a grand more and it's now a BL w Prem,/ 360/ cargo. For a grand more than the OBX it was a no brainer.
Hopefully your wife isn't secretly on these forums lol

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I started with a Badlands, after driving several 1.5 models I knew I wouldn't be happy with anything else. The only thing better with the 1.5 is fuel mileage and that's subjective in itself, other than that, for me the 1.5 lacking.

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Hopefully your wife isn't secretly on these forums lol
Lmao.... Forums are the only places in my life the wife doesn't like to intervene. To much scrolling. Lol

OP
OP
AllTerrain

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I started with a Badlands, after driving several 1.5 models I knew I wouldn't be happy with anything else. The only thing better with the 1.5 is fuel mileage and that's subjective in itself, other than that, for me the 1.5 lacking.
Find the 1.5 to be sufficient.
2.0 has more guts!
Really
Badlands suspension was the motivator.

That said
If they all came with the same Badlands suspension possibly would have bought a 1.5 off a lot instead of waiting on an order.

Last edited:

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Besides the guts of the 2.0, the drivetrain is also more robust. Throw in the suspension, added drive modes, front camera skid plates, extra towing capacity etc. make the Badlands and First Edition worth the extra cost.
Even the Bronco Off-Roadeo didn't/doesn't allow the the 1.5 models to participate.

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
Never owned a 1.5, but test drove one. It was perfectly adequate. Maybe even a little “peppy”. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. But I’ve never been a fan of adequate vehicles, I’ve always wanted the bigger engine, more horsepower, stronger drivetrains. I’d even take less bling for a better drivetrain, like my 1993 Mustang LX with the 5.0 and 5 speed. Not flashy like the GT but had all the hardware. The 2.0 is a BIG difference. It feels downright quick. It’s a whopping 70hp more than the 1.5. If the difference was only 20 or 30hp the decision would’ve been a lot harder for me.

That was my justification for the Badlands. My wife wanted the ebony/brown leather interior that came with the premium package. After she seen one that was sitting on the lot nothing else would do.

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Find the 1.5 to be sufficient.
2.0 has more guts!
Really
Badlands suspension was the motivator.
this was it for me. The different engine really was not a big factor. I went straight to the badlands for the suspension, extra goat modes, and off road capability. I don't do any major off-roading, but I did get my old vehicle (much less capable) stuck twice in the last 2 years while deer hunting. Plus we get a lot of snow here. Any of the models would have been an upgrade for me, but I figured I might as well go for the best that the vehicle had to offer. I was also very fortunate that I was able to wait many months for a custom order. Not everyone has that luxury of course.

kvenerable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Have noticed several people have sold or traded in their Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, models to get into a Badlands.

Thought to ask those who sold their 1.5 and into the 2.0~
What was your reasons for doing so?
Who else may be planning to change model?
I got an OB since it was available just to cover the span of time before I decided on a big Bronco or Bronco Sport Badlands. The OB was great really, and after driving the ford dealers big bronco (didn’t care for it) around for a day, I ordered the BS BL, knowing I wouldn’t lose much trading the OB in and wanting the best fit for my use…

My use is mostly offroad, desert and mountains, to get me to trailheads. No commute (don’t work anymore) and don’t live in a city (or even a town). Occasionally visit peaks/family/trails farther from home, and ANY model of Bronco sport is better on the highway than the Wrangler I used to have. WAY better. I like the bigger engine and better off road setup of the BL and not concerned about mpg. Just got the BL last week, getting an HRG lift, big KO2’s and a hitch this week. Then it will have everything I need.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yeah. I would have to say I fit that description.

I initially got an OB because I figured it had all the niceties inside and that all the BL stuff…. Well I don’t even know how to off-road just yet. But…….. it nagged on me.

then I got an alert a BL was at the dealer. Was even cyber orange. So…. I asked God to make it clear if I was to trade….. no…. Really. Cause it’s a major life decision from a guy with three kids to possibly spend even more.

ended up the yellow was gone, but they had one in exact same colors as my OB.

I now own a BL with only a slight increase in payments. Don’t regret it a bit. The 1.5 was really peppy and handled the AZ mountain roads just fine (freeway mountain roads and roads to slopes). But the 2.0….. the dang thing just drives more like I appreciate. I came from a mustang 4eco with manual.

in the BL I can “feel the road” a bit more like the stang.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah. I would have to say I fit that description.

I initially got an OB because I figured it had all the niceties inside and that all the BL stuff…. Well I don’t even know how to off-road just yet. But…….. it nagged on me.

then I got an alert a BL was at the dealer. Was even cyber orange. So…. I asked God to make it clear if I was to trade….. no…. Really. Cause it’s a major life decision from a guy with three kids to possibly spend even more.

ended up the yellow was gone, but they had one in exact same colors as my OB.

I now own a BL with only a slight increase in payments. Don’t regret it a bit. The 1.5 was really peppy and handled the AZ mountain roads just fine (freeway mountain roads and roads to slopes). But the 2.0….. the dang thing just drives more like I appreciate. I came from a mustang 4eco with manual.

in the BL I can “feel the road” a bit more like the stang.
Nothing wrong with asking the man upstairs for a little guidance. These are huge decisions! In my case though it it’s trading a vehicle bought for a different life than I wound up leading vs. the 2.0, not a 1.5 vs. 2.0.

Having said that, I test drove only a 1.5 (good luck getting a BL 2.0 to demo on the lot here). I was surprised to find it totally adequate, at least for city driving. I honestly thought I’d find it lacking. In the end my decision was for the BL, for the 2.0 among other reasons. If I’m planning to have the vehicle for 10-20 years (of course that was my plan with the last one too…) the purchase cost wasn’t enough of an increase to be a consideration. Running cost for hte difference in MPG over that time isn’t inconsequential, but again, I didn’t find it enough of a consideration for me. VS. I just knew I’d be happy with the 2.0 & BL for multiple reasons.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Besides the guts of the 2.0, the drivetrain is also more robust. Throw in the suspension, added drive modes, front camera skid plates, extra towing capacity etc. make the Badlands and First Edition worth the extra cost.
Even the Bronco Off-Roadeo didn't/doesn't allow the the 1.5 models to participate.
True dat !
If you feel or have the need for the 2.0 and the accompanying drive system and want to spend the extra $8,000
My Base was less than $28,000 and does all I need or want. Past 15,000 miles now and not a single regret.
Wait a second,,,,
I got a Super cool BRAND NEW MODEL Just out AWD SUV for well under $30,000 !!!!
At’s what I’m talking bout, Yess Sir. :’P?
Sponsored

Last edited: