What is the Bronco Sport's turning radius?

BroncoNerd

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I couldn't find a thread on it here, and after searching the web for a few hours I still can't find anything. Anyone have any clues?
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Very tight. We had an Expedition and that huge vehicle was tight. Today I once again drove a few year old F-150 and was reminded how bad a turning radius can be. The BS has an excellent turning radius.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
mark the ground with chalk about an inch to the right of where your right-front tire touches the ground. This bit of extra clearance is necessary, because the tire's sidewall will typically bulge out past the tread.

turn your steering wheel all the way to the left, as far as it will go. Put the vehicle in "drive," and very gently, very slowly let your foot off the brake. Proceed in a circle at idle speed.

Proceed forward and have your assistant place another mark once you're pointed back toward the edge of the parking lot.

Move the vehicle and park it. Measure from your first reference mark, where you started, to the furthest out of your other reference marks. The distance from the first mark to the furthest mark is your turning circle, or the space your vehicle needs to do a U-turn without hitting a curb.
Divide this measurement by two to get your "turning radius."

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford

moserp624

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Mazda CX-5

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
37.4 ft is the turning circle. Good tech spec reference. Saving you the basic math, the turning radius is therefore 18.7 ft.
Thanks! I started to Hulk out when it said 37.4. I swear the thing will do a u-turn in my garage. I got just about 20 feet to work with so a few Austin Powers turns and I could do it.
Ford Bronco Sport What is the Bronco Sport's turning radius? EAZCqF8