What is my BS Base trying to warn me about?

MGM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Occasionally after I park the vehicle (engine off, key removed, parking brake applied, all doors closed still) it makes 2 short beeps of the horn. When I then get out of the vehicle and push the "lock" button on the key fob (Base model with physical key and fob buttons to lock/unlock), the vehicle makes 1 horn beep and the interior lights/gauges, etc., shut off...as per normal.

The only other information I can offer is that I generally open a backdoor and put my backpack on the backseat when I drive to work. The Back seat alert (door based, not sensor) lets me know after I shut off the vehicle to check the back seat. This works every time.

Would anyone know why the vehicle is making the 2 short horn beeps occasionally?
Sponsored

OP
OP

MGM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Occasionally after I park the vehicle (engine off, key removed, parking brake applied, all doors closed still) it makes 2 short beeps of the horn. When I then get out of the vehicle and push the "lock" button on the key fob (Base model with physical key and fob buttons to lock/unlock), the vehicle makes 1 horn beep and the interior lights/gauges, etc., shut off...as per normal.

The only other information I can offer is that I generally open a backdoor and put my backpack on the backseat when I drive to work. The Back seat alert (door based, not sensor) lets me know after I shut off the vehicle to check the back seat. This works every time.

Would anyone know why the vehicle is making the 2 short horn beeps occasionally?
I generally have an iPhone plugged in the USB port for wired Apple CarPlay. Could it be that the phone is still plugged in?

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
This is all I can find in the owner's manual, however your trim isn't equipped with intelligent access...

"Keyless Warning Alert: Sounds the horn twice when you exit your vehicle with the intelligent access key, after the last door is closed and your keyless vehicle is in RUN, indicating your vehicle is still on."

Did you manually switch the headlights from auto to on, and leave them on? I did that a few months ago and I think it made the two short beeps to warn me. Either way, I had this horn beep thing happen as well but can't remember exactly how I made it stop.

OP
OP

MGM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This is all I can find in the owner's manual, however your trim isn't equipped with intelligent access...

"Keyless Warning Alert: Sounds the horn twice when you exit your vehicle with the intelligent access key, after the last door is closed and your keyless vehicle is in RUN, indicating your vehicle is still on."

Did you manually switch the headlights from auto to on, and leave them on? I did that a few months ago and I think it made the two short beeps to warn me. Either way, I had this horn beep thing happen as well but can't remember exactly how I made it stop.
Re: Headlights...nope. Headlights are in "Auto" position, daylight when this happens.

On the Base, its kind of a hybrid system. It's keyless door lock/unlock, but key ignition. Being an old "key-man" myself, I welcomed the return to a physical key. Unfortunately, I now find it now cumbersome since I got used to the total keyless.....but I fought with keyless for years as I left my vehicles many times with the key fob left behind in the center console. Go figure, right?

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
One of your doors or the lift gate hatch/glass is open

OP
OP

MGM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
One of your doors or the lift gate hatch/glass is open
Come to think of it...I did open the liftgate this morning when it happened. I put a UPS package in there....then later in the morning I went to UPS...opened and shut the liftgate and it did not happen. Perhaps it just wasn't shut all the way and it didn't show a warning on the dash.
Sponsored