What is everyone doing to stay occupied while waiting?

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hello fellow Bronco Sport owners and those awaiting their Bronco Sport like me! I recently purchased my outer banks at my local dealer with the earliest arrival date of Oct. 31st, I just got an update saying I have an official ETA at the end of December and was wondering what all of you have been doing to stay occupied? (besides work and life obligations) I'm pretty sure I've watched every bronco sport video on YouTube at this point lol.
Sponsored

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I do the same thing I do every day. Try to take over the world. Other than that though I do check the parking lot at work before I go home every day for sports. Only seen three this year. All big bends of different colors. Red, area 51 and black. Someday I will see a badlands and know what I ordered without ever seeing, driving or knowing anyone that has one.

OP
OP

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do the same thing I do every day. Try to take over the world. Other than that though I do check the parking lot at work before I go home every day for sports. Only seen three this year. All big bends of different colors. Red, area 51 and black. Someday I will see a badlands and know what I ordered without ever seeing, driving or knowing anyone that has one.
I saw a big bronco 4dr badlands at my local dealer the other day. It was very nice looking.

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
I've seen a first edition, test drove a OB, and the rest have all been big bends. Haven't seen a badlands (what I ordered as well). Also, have seen pretty much every color except for Area 51 (also, what I ordered). Seen a decent amount of BS' here in NY though.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Prolly freakin out,
Worrying about If they will ever get that new toy, I would be.
I would not have special ordered.
Two more came through my dealer. White paint, some badge on the door, don’t know the trim package.
Neither one was a special order,
Both were,,, up for grabs,
One sold the next day and the other the day after that.
They just unloaded a blue one and I doubt it will still be there tomorrow.
I asked, they have no pre special orders.
They just sell what they get within a day or two.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Personally, I would check out the dealer lots in your surrounding area. You might find something equivalent to what you ordered. Then, make the decision of waiting for exactly what you want, or getting something right then and there. I found my car from the dealer lot and it’s exactly how I would’ve ordered it. Plus things look different when you see them in person.
My husband passes the Ford dealership when he’s at work and thats how he found his vehicle. He saw it coming off the truck and bought it the next day. Recently, he sent me this picture of a BL that came in, sold the next day. Who knows if they are special orders, but it couldn’t hurt to look!
Ford Bronco Sport What is everyone doing to stay occupied while waiting? 81202750-8C48-42A1-8F66-6E7DB9CEFE45
Ford Bronco Sport What is everyone doing to stay occupied while waiting? A78F9EC6-B64A-4565-B87A-6C35A1994890

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I did not order my BS. Looked at dealer websites and made a lot of calls. Was able to land a loaded BL a few months ago. Had to travel to get it, but it was worth it.

PirateBrahm

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I took a lease on a Big Bend while I wait for my Dec 24 delivery. Not the wisest financial decision, but I was in a position where I had to have a daily driver - so why not drive a BS while I wait for my BS?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Hello fellow Bronco Sport owners and those awaiting their Bronco Sport like me! I recently purchased my outer banks at my local dealer with the earliest arrival date of Oct. 31st, I just got an update saying I have an official ETA at the end of December and was wondering what all of you have been doing to stay occupied? (besides work and life obligations) I'm pretty sure I've watched every bronco sport video on YouTube at this point lol.
i am confused. Did you order one to be built or order one your dealer was already having built? I ask because you said you ordered a 2021 but one cannot order a 2021 in September. All orders became 2022s on august 30 when the banks opened.

OP
OP

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i am confused. Did you order one to be built or order one your dealer was already having built? I ask because you said you ordered a 2021 but one cannot order a 2021 in September. All orders became 2022s on august 30 when the banks opened.
I purchased it through my dealer that had been built but was missing a chip

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I purchased it through my dealer that had been built but was missing a chip
Ahhh. Okay, that makes sense. It is one of the 2021 desert “lot rot” ones. They were built in June and have been sitting outside in a lot in Mexico since June waiting for a chip. Those are the folks who have been posting in the waiting room. When you said order I thought you mean you ordered one as in custom order.
Sponsored