fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
Cvt and a turbo is an awesome combo. My old Forester(2014 xt) was able to keep up with many of the jeeps off road in the overlanding club. Sadly the lack of front tow hooks and a true locking diff was my downfall.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
This takes me back. I used to go to a ton of MXPX concerts when I was kid.
I used to go to church with the singer's family. I'd see Mike around from time to time.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Whenever I got stuck behind a car during my commute through the mid-2010s, it was always a Prius. Now it's almost always a Subaru. A stupid, slow Subaru. If it weren't for parking lots, I'd never know what the front of a Subaru looks like.

My only guess is that all the previous owners of Prii "upgraded" to Subaru for their AWD, or to shop at more rugged shopping malls or something.

FWIW, I have yet to be stuck behind another BS. And yes, I'm going to ignore sample size and numbers on the roads.
I've been stuck behind one BS driving from Nashville back to NC. But, to be fair, he was absolutely ancient. I don't think the sluggishness had much to do with his Outer Banks.

MMR_A51OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Can confirm. I have a 2014 Crosstrek XV that I’m replacing with a Bronco Sport.
I traded my 2015 XV in for the BS. My transmission was not doing well, and I was worried it would crap out on me in a short time, so I pulled the trigger. I miss it as it was purchased the year my boy was born, and I figured it would make it a lot longer. But, after a few weeks driving it, I believe I made the right decision.

bronco_Banks

Outer Banks
First Name
Olga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Yeah its a chick car ...
As a female, yeah it’s definitely a car built for my style and aesthetic, despite being less frilly than a lot of other vehicles. Although I haven’t climbed a mountain in years, the Sport is right at home in the mountains here, the same way a jeep would be.

bobdod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Cyber Orange
I traded my 2015 XV in for the BS. My transmission was not doing well, and I was worried it would crap out on me in a short time, so I pulled the trigger. I miss it as it was purchased the year my boy was born, and I figured it would make it a lot longer. But, after a few weeks driving it, I believe I made the right decision.
Our '13 XV is out for the BS when it gets delivered. We drove the heck out of it and has 230k+ miles. At around 180 the engine blew and we put a used engine in it that only had 50k on it. It's honestly served us well. Plenty of off road here in Colorado. The mountain passes seem harder every trip though so it's time to move on. Looking forward to more space and a not Boxer4+CVT

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
It’s funny, when I was in Bishop, CA me and an Outback Wilderness kept parking next to each other at the hotel, seems like they thought it was funny too.

That said if you’re going somewhere, where traction is an issue, the cvt on the Subarus and it’s vectoring simply won’t be enough. Whereas the Sports with the 8spd autos are at a marked advantage.

The Subarus do have more second row leg room and that’s a big deal to some people, especially if they don’t mind having a car that takes 20 seconds to get to sixty and forces them in the truck lane up mountain passes.
I took my forester XT some STUPID places when i was hanging with the local remote overlanding club. I had a 2 inch lift, sub frame spacers, camber adjusting suspension and 245/65/17 cooper AT3s on it and was able to do things NOBODY though a forester should do. BUT i was always the least capable vehicle there. guys in Wranglers were amazed i could mostly keep up, but when traction got BAD i got stuck, and the lack of GOOD recovery points SUCKED.

A crosstrec wouldn't have the power to weight that i did so couldn't begin to get momentum to go where I was, nor pulling capacity to tow people out when they got stuck.

(didnt realize id posted in this thread twice)
Sponsored