What does Ford do with all the pre-Production models?

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
As asked in the thread topic, anyone have an idea what Ford does with pre-production units? I ask because I saw on one of the FB groups today a Big Bend trim with the upgraded signature (halo) lights. The OP hasn’t responded yet, but it’s my understanding it was purchased this way from the dealership. If it makes a difference, this one is in Canada, but the requirement for DRL is already satisfied by the horizontal DRL you get in the standard/non-signature lights on the lower trims.

Ford Bronco Sport What does Ford do with all the pre-Production models? C8064F16-74AD-4888-87B4-9E99F790C095
Sponsored

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My guess (and it's a sad one) that pre-production units can't be sold and end up at the crusher.

OP
OP
Shiskamba

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
My guess (and it's a sad one) that pre-production units can't be sold and end up at the crusher.
That was my assumption as well, which is why the photo above is driving me crazy. Like, how?? If this is stock off the lot, I wanna know how to do the same without paying $1300 per headlight to DIY it myself. Lol

Dave B

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Any preproduction Ford I’ve ever seen, doesn’t have a vin number, so they couldn’t be sold. I wonder if that one was just one of the Ford Of Canada demonstrators. The only BS I’ve seen in in Canada is our OB, and the BL at the dealership we got ours at, so I can’t compare any headlights.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
comparing the images on ford.ca vs ford.com, in Canada, all 4 models have the halo and horizontal bar for DRL. in the USA though, Base and BB have just the horizontal bar, no halo, where the OB, BL and FE have the halo and horizontal bar.
interesting difference. but we also didn't get the First Edition...

OP
OP
Shiskamba

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
comparing the images on ford.ca vs ford.com, in Canada, all 4 models have the halo and horizontal bar for DRL. in the USA though, Base and BB have just the horizontal bar, no halo, where the OB, BL and FE have the halo and horizontal bar.
interesting difference. but we also didn't get the First Edition...
I looked at the .ca build and price too and it shows headlights on, but when I looked closely at the images, base and BB still didn’t have an actual halo. Just the silver plastic trim. I also scrolled through the features and didn’t see “signature LED” listed on the lower trim specs. Did you see it in writing or just the images?

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Canada
Ford Bronco Sport What does Ford do with all the pre-Production models? 1611351573249

all halo's look illuninated and look the same...
USA
Ford Bronco Sport What does Ford do with all the pre-Production models? 1611351625596

Base and BB, the halo is dark, where as OB, BL and FE halo is light

OP
OP
Shiskamba

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Canada
Ford Bronco Sport What does Ford do with all the pre-Production models? 1611351573249

all halo's look illuninated and look the same...
USA
Ford Bronco Sport What does Ford do with all the pre-Production models? 1611351625596

Base and BB, the halo is dark, where as OB, BL and FE halo is light
Lol how odd. I had the website up around 2 hours ago and it showed on my screen with the center headlight projector beam “on” so it obscured the halo making it hard to tell. But even then it looked more like the US image. I’ll see if it’s still the same and post my screenshot.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
this was from the compare models page... the canadian site does warn in other sections that it is the US pre-production model shown which could be part of the confusion.

OP
OP
Shiskamba

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
this was from the compare models page... the canadian site does warn in other sections that it is the US pre-production model shown which could be part of the confusion.
Well here it is... headlight projectors are "on" in my Canadian view (left) so the halo isn't visible... but I did find the written description in compare models. This hurts my soul...

Ford Bronco Sport What does Ford do with all the pre-Production models? Headlights.JPG

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
No No peoples, Those pre-prod models get a Crash Test Dummy strapped Into them.
Then get tossed into a brick wall, :p

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Well here it is... headlight projectors are "on" in my Canadian view (left) so the halo isn't visible... but I did find the written description in compare models. This hurts my soul...

Ford Bronco Sport What does Ford do with all the pre-Production models? Headlights.JPG
Yeah I for some reason am also hurt by this.

OP
OP
Shiskamba

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Yeah was speculation before. We confirmed a bit later that the Canadians for once, actually get something better than the US. The question is, why? Their DRL requirement laws up there would have been met without the added halo.

This American is jealous, lol

OP
OP
Shiskamba

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I can't find an equivalent Canadian parts website like I can for the standard Ford page... but I'm going to continue digging to see if perhaps they have a cheaper replacement on their parts website than the $1300 each we have down here.

Dave B

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My dealer doesn’t even have the parts breakdown yet, I wanted some of the hooks off a BL for my OB. Maybe I could run a side business selling Canadian headlights....Hmmmm
Sponsored