What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
And did the rubber cargo deck cover to save the carpet.. Its a stock photo as Mines the Shadow Black Base model...
All that's Left for me is black steel wheels and real chrome ONE piece Lug Nuts.. But that's for later.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? mp1z-7811600-aa-21

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just a quick dress-up thing, but like many other Ford owners, I'm not a big fan of the factory lug nuts, especially after a particularly annoying experience on the side of a freeway once where the little metal cap stripped off while trying to change a flat.

I've had very good luck with VMS Lug Nuts on my other cars and treated my Badlands to a set of red ones:

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210123_104201 (2)_tonemapped
@MKohlman can you post a link to these? VMS has 45 pages of lug nuts. Lol.

OP
OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
No, I didn't run into any canbus issues or hyperflash., which was a bit of a relief. The turns were actually the one item that didn't come from Diode Dynamics as they didn't stock a 921 base in amber. Instead I tried one from Lasfit that claimed to be canbus and hyper-flash friendly.

Amazon.com: LASFIT 921 912 T15 CANBUS LED Bulb Upgraded LED Bulbs Amber Yellow for Side Marker Turn Signal Blinker Back up Reverse Light Bulb 2 pack: Automotive

The only notable issue I ran into is they are voltage-directional, so I would test to see they are plugged in correctly before buttoning the lights back up. but the color and brightness are very good.
I think I am running into your directional issue - perhaps. I bought the same bulbs as you for my turns. They blink at the normal rate - but the instrument cluster blinks fast aka "hyperflash" trying to indicate a bulb is out. Did you flip the bulbs to correct that issue?

Otherwise they are BRIGHT - and I used the Philips Vision LED bulbs off Amazon as well for a nice OEM look.

OP
OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I am running into your directional issue - perhaps. I bought the same bulbs as you for my turns. They blink at the normal rate - but the instrument cluster blinks fast aka "hyperflash" trying to indicate a bulb is out. Did you flip the bulbs to correct that issue?

Otherwise they are BRIGHT - and I used the Philips Vision LED bulbs off Amazon as well for a nice OEM look.
No, on my Badlands they are working fine, both from an actual signaling standpoint and what is displaying in the dash. If they were inserted backwards/reverse polarity they simply didn't flash at all (and yes, in that case the dash did flash quickly but it was pretty obvious why).

I'll see if I can do a quick video when I get a chance.

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
No, on my Badlands they are working fine, both from an actual signaling standpoint and what is displaying in the dash. If they were inserted backwards/reverse polarity they simply didn't flash at all (and yes, in that case the dash did flash quickly but it was pretty obvious why).

I'll see if I can do a quick video when I get a chance.
I might have a dud set and need to get a replacement from Amazon - but on my Big Bend its acting like a bulb is out even though everything is flashing normally... and I do not see why the Badlands would behave differently lol

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
One of the things that bugged me a bit was that Ford chose to equip my Badlands with LED lighting everywhere BUT the taillight turn signals, brake lights, and backup lights. So today I took care of that and changed out the bulbs with LEDs:

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210123_103454(0)_tonemapped

For those are interested, the LED Bulb types you'll need are as follows:

Turn - 921 Amber
Brake - 3157 Red
Backup - 7443 White

Installation was a snap. Changing out the bulbs is well documented in the owner's manual but all you need is a 10mm nut driver or socket wrench. Always be careful when working the housing tabs off of the studs (you REALLY don't want to break one of those) but the whole change-out took me less than 15 minutes.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210123_102405_tonemapped

I used bulbs from Diode Dynamics (www.diodedynamics.com) as they are an American based company and the quality of their products as well as customer support are outstanding (3 year warranty, but I've had them in my Fiesta ST for nearly 6 years now without a failure). But for those on a budget there are admittedly less expensive options out there.

While it's hard to see in the daylight pic, the backup LEDs are probably the biggest improvement in the cars I've put them in, with a noticeably brighter and whiter light than stock.
When I look at the Diode Dynamics site, I see several variants of the bulbs. For example, there are three versions of the 7443. I cannot tell in your picture... which ones did you choose to use?

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
When I look at the Diode Dynamics site, I see several variants of the bulbs. For example, there are three versions of the 7443. I cannot tell in your picture... which ones did you choose to use?
Just depends on how much light output you want. I’ll tell you now based on my experience with DD - the lowest model is never worth it. And the highest model is eye-scorching bright.

Personally I’ve sworn off DD after they fought me on a warranty replacement that ended up costing me $200 to replace their kit.

OP
OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been using the HP11 versions typically. They strike the right balance between having good color and being a bit brighter than stock without being bright enough to cause other drivers issues.

OP
OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had to wait for the weekend to do a quick video post of the installed LEDs but here it is:

There is always the "your mileage may vary" challenge, but for myself the P/N's and Brand LEDs I used work great with no "hyperblink".

OP
OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another weekend "to do" I've been working on is finding a way to make the best use of the neat little storage tray Ford provided in the spare tire well. I knew I wanted a better tire iron as I've yet to see one from the factory that worked worth a %$#$ and as I rule I always try to have a basic multi-tool and the handful of items needed if a wheel needs to be changed. This time around, with the nice power supply options in both front and rear of the Badlands, as well as this is meant to be the Wife's daily driver, I also wanted to see if I could find a portable air pump that fitted snugly into one those tray compartments.

This is what I've come up with:

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210123_103720

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210123_103734

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210123_103730

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210123_103822

One thing to keep in mind is that this is the full-tire optioned Bronco Sport, so the cargo tray sits higher to clear the larger spare. While the Audew air compressor fits perfectly into the triangular tray space, it is "thick" enough that I'm not sure if it will clear the lower height that Sport owners with the compact spare have. But in the Badlands it fits like it was meant to go there.

The rest of items should all fit fine.

A lot of the little stuff I got a various local big-box stores but if someone wanted to duplicate some or all of this here are the P/N's:

Amazon.com: Audew Portable Air Compressor Tire Inflator with Gauge, Auto Digital Air Pump for Car Tires with Extra LED Light, DC 12V 150 PSI Tire Pump for Car,Bicycle,Motorcycle,Basketball,Pool Toys: Automotive

Amazon.com: GTE Tools - LugStrong 26" Universal Compact Lug Wrench Set, Super-Strong Tire Iron & Lug Nut Remover - 2X More Torque! Never Get Stuck on The Road Again!: Automotive

Amazon.com : Smith & Wesson SWMT1CP 6.5in Stainless Steel 14 Function Multi-Tool with Bottle Opener, Pliers, Screwdrivers and Sheath for Outdoor, Survival and EDC : Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com: Slime 20475 Elite Digital Tire Gauge for Cars and Trucks with Big, Bright Screen: Automotive
Sponsored

Last edited: