Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Is there any value to using the satellite radio?
For me, the one time that satellite radio is fantastic is for road trips. I used to subscribe and you can dig deep to find a plan that is about $5/month, which is about as much as I ever wanted to pay for it.
Sponsored

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Well, since I am old and us old people can get in a rut, especially with things like music, it is very helpful to discover new music or to find music that you forgot was good. Then, when I am at home and listening to Alexa in the background of cooking, eating, etc, I get some new ideas. But, after 5 months, I was more than done with satellite radio (much of it to do with the poor quality).

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I’ve had it pretty much since it came out. I’ve lived too many places where there’s one am station that sux & only recently are cell plans coming down enough here to make streaming in the car even a possibility. If you have music you like there might be less value, but if you want different talk & comedy programming, news & such, it’s all pretty decent.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I’ve had it pretty much since it came out. I’ve lived too many places where there’s one am station that sux & only recently are cell plans coming down enough here to make streaming in the car even a possibility. If you have music you like there might be less value, but if you want different talk & comedy programming, news & such, it’s all pretty decent.
I jumped on unlimited data (it was actually cheaper), and my youngest pays for the spotify family account, so I stream as much as I can that way. I can see that being a recipe for failure on some road trips though.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I jumped on unlimited data (it was actually cheaper), and my youngest pays for the spotify family account, so I stream as much as I can that way. I can see that being a recipe for failure on some road trips though.
Less & less nowadays though. My most recent road trip had sections without cell coverage, but in this day & age there’s few places without coverage, even fairly remote. Unlimited data is almost as cheap as what I pay now, so thinking about doing that jump too.

Probably my biggest issue is I’ve had Sirius so long that I know their programming & have my favorites, so if I have to pay for a streaming service, why not pay for the one I know the programming on & know works. In some ways though I can see how they’d be an irrelevant choice a couple decades on.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know that you are on Android and using Spotify, I’m just wondering if you can do the same as I do with iPhone and Apple Music. It allows you to download music to your phone, so I have my big favorites playlist downloaded on the phone so I can listen to it without streaming. This is really great for me when I ride my motorcycle off-road in the mountains, heck even some places on-road in the mountains.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I know that you are on Android and using Spotify, I’m just wondering if you can do the same as I do with iPhone and Apple Music. It allows you to download music to your phone, so I have my big favorites playlist downloaded on the phone so I can listen to it without streaming. This is really great for me when I ride my motorcycle off-road in the mountains, heck even some places on-road in the mountains.
Fairly sure I can download stuff on spotify if I want. I mostly listen to podcasts, and I know I can download those on spotify or other streaming services.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fairly sure I can download stuff on spotify if I want. I mostly listen to podcasts, and I know I can download those on spotify or other streaming services.
I know with Apple Podcasts you can have them download automatically when new episodes drop.

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
:sunglasses:

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
And then follow that up with Metallica Seek and Destroy then Fuel. Gets the heart pumping.