Cmurra2002

Big Bend
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I recently got a bb big bend I have noticed a few things ever since I got it. At certain speeds, particularly when I go around 25 mph I hear a very distinct rattle in the engine almost like a ticking. I have to speed up to a few mph more to get it to stop but it doesn’t happen once I do. I notice it going around 40 as well. It seems like if the engine is cruising at a lower rpm that sound will occur. Not sure exactly what the sound would be but all I can relate it to is ticking or the sound of fuel injectors?
Sponsored

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Look around the forum, some dude had a weird sound when downshifting or at low speeds and ended up needing a transmission replacement.

Edit: found it, last post from the bottom. https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/transmission-noise.2748/

I will say this vehicle makes a TON of sounds I have never heard from a car and I’m assuming it has to do with the technology and the turbo. No issues so far (knock on wood) aside from realizing this motor needs premium fuel when air temps are above 105, and I’m pushing 7k miles.

Freddy Turbina

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I recently got a bb big bend I have noticed a few things ever since I got it. At certain speeds, particularly when I go around 25 mph I hear a very distinct rattle in the engine almost like a ticking. I have to speed up to a few mph more to get it to stop but it doesn’t happen once I do. I notice it going around 40 as well. It seems like if the engine is cruising at a lower rpm that sound will occur. Not sure exactly what the sound would be but all I can relate it to is ticking or the sound of fuel injectors?
Whether or not it is a bad sound or not, I would bring it in to Ford to look at. I have the same issue and I had mentioned the loose shift cable to the tech, but was told that they spoke with an engineer and that these noises are “normal” and due to the solenoids in the transmission preparing for a shift.

Now, I do not think these are “normal” noises personally (and likely the shift cable/other issue), but what I do have is a service record saying I brought it in for this specific issue with a detailed explanation written for it, so if it becomes a larger issue I have a paper trail.

Hope they fix it for you though ?

BSCactus

Big Bend
First Name
Laraine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have that exact same noise. My son works for Ford and he spoke with an engineer who said Ford can repair the cable that is causing this noise by "adding a noise dampening weight." It is going to the dealership next week to be looked at. Fingers crossed.

Houseof7th

Badlands
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Does anyone hear ticking while parked? Popped open the hood n I hear ticking. Idk what it could be. Started happening after I got a oil change has anyone had this same problem? Taking the car in for a check up this week.

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Whether or not it is a bad sound or not, I would bring it in to Ford to look at. I have the same issue and I had mentioned the loose shift cable to the tech, but was told that they spoke with an engineer and that these noises are “normal” and due to the solenoids in the transmission preparing for a shift.

Now, I do not think these are “normal” noises personally (and likely the shift cable/other issue), but what I do have is a service record saying I brought it in for this specific issue with a detailed explanation written for it, so if it becomes a larger issue I have a paper trail.

Hope they fix it for you though ?
I was kinda thinking solenoids myself for some of the clicking sounds Because it’s just like my previous dodge caravan and you could hear the solenoids on the downshifts all the time …the ford trans is even more clicky

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
17,750 miles on my 2021 Base model and not a single odd sound, never had any.