Transmission noise

Vanlab

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx, bronco sport
We're at 2200 miles on our BD with the 2.0, early on we would get an audible clicking (like dry solenoids) when coming to a stop or slowing down- down shifting... as time has progressed its happening all the time and I think in the lower 3 gears...

Now I'm pretty sure this isn't normal, my neighbor has one and we're both mechanics and his doesn't make that noise but is the 1.5... I'm going to pay a visit to ford i rekon but wanted to checkin to see if anyone has had this happen yet?
Sponsored

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
We're at 2200 miles on our BD with the 2.0, early on we would get an audible clicking (like dry solenoids) when coming to a stop or slowing down- down shifting... as time has progressed its happening all the time and I think in the lower 3 gears...

Now I'm pretty sure this isn't normal, my neighbor has one and we're both mechanics and his doesn't make that noise but is the 1.5... I'm going to pay a visit to ford i rekon but wanted to checkin to see if anyone has had this happen yet?
I haven't seen any other posts on it.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
Check the thread "On this episode of 'is this noise normal'" Might be some info for you there.

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands

I've been hearing that same "electronic noise" you describe when shifting in addition to the whining noise that I recorded and posted. So, having them check it as well next week.

fontzmark

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport First Edition

I have had the same noise since day 1 and I don't think it's any worse now at 4500 miles but i can hear it all over the place including 58-62 when it shifts, I am getting a back window replaced next Monday so I will mention the noise.

forty

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

I have the 1.5 and mine is doing it like crazy, I have an appt Tuesday

OP
OP

Vanlab

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx, bronco sport
I have an appointment monday, blah.... saved up for a new cool rig and new one makes more noises than my 16yr old one did.

OP
OP

Vanlab

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx, bronco sport
At ford now, tech can hear noise... no tsb or codes, we both drove demo model and could hear same faint noise on it... tech thought it doesn't sound normal but can't do anything at this point

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I took my BS BB in for this issue. They took a transmission pressure reading test. It did not pass. So I am getting a new transmission In a week. I’ll let you all know how this works out.

OP
OP

Vanlab

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx, bronco sport
They did various tests on mine and said its normal, we drove same model with tech that was a demo unit and it made same noise... im gunna drive it like i stole it
Sponsored