Shuej1212

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Branco ford
I have a question My 2022 Branco sport big bend was having trouble going in to park i took it in to the dealership and it sat for a week and they came back and said it was the park sensor on the transmission. it was giving the code P07E4. i got my car back and three weeks later i was driving it and when i started to stop it would shake. I had it towed into a different dealership since i was out of town. This dealership is saying my transmission has to be replaced. It is giving a code P07E4 Is there a possibility it was misdiagnosed at the first dealership? Could this code lead to a Transmission failure? It has 119K miles on it
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I searched a bit on this code for a BS, but could not find anything specific to the BS.

I found generic definitions to the code for Ford late model products:

What are some of the symptoms of the code? Symptoms of a P074E trouble code may include:

Abnormal vehicle speeds
Low power
Transmission fails to go into a gear
Abnormal engine noises
Reduced throttle response
Limited vehicle speeds
ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) leak (red fluid under vehicle)

What are some of the common causes of the code? Causes for this P074E code may include:

Blockage in transmission hydraulics
Low ATF level
Dirty ATF
Incorrect ATF
Shift solenoid issue
TCM issue
Wiring issue (i.e. chafing, melting, short, open, etc.)
Connector issue (i.e. melting, broken tabs, corroded pins, etc.)

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p074e
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
You might have the tech you speak with check wire connections. If I recall, some owners experienced strange transmission symptoms due to water getting into a connector.

OP
OP

Shuej1212

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Branco ford
Thanks for the information Those are the symptoms of what i was experiencing do yall think that replacing the sensor would have temporary fix the problem of it not shifting in to park allowing the transmission to fail?

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for the information Those are the symptoms of what i was experiencing do yall think that replacing the sensor would have temporary fix the problem of it not shifting in to park allowing the transmission to fail?
It is possible if the damaged connector was the sensor connector that it could make it better temporarily, though I can't be sure

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have a question My 2022 Branco sport big bend was having trouble going in to park i took it in to the dealership and it sat for a week and they came back and said it was the park sensor on the transmission. it was giving the code P07E4. i got my car back and three weeks later i was driving it and when i started to stop it would shake. I had it towed into a different dealership since i was out of town. This dealership is saying my transmission has to be replaced. It is giving a code P07E4 Is there a possibility it was misdiagnosed at the first dealership? Could this code lead to a Transmission failure? It has 119K miles on it
Good morning. Could you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are currently working with? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your transmission concerns.
Sponsored