R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
You should able to load a case of Faygo and Vernors in the back of your new BS now??
Don’t forget the Better Made chips and Sanders hot fudge!
Sponsored

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
Latest Update:

02-08-2021: Ordered Area 51, Ebony/Brown, OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg.
08-23-2021: Status changed from In Production to Built.

ETA for arrival is between 09-27 and 10-03-2021.

09-08-2021: Arrived at the Lordstown rail yard before 0700.

09-09-2021. Railcar Unloaded and moved to rail yard @ 1440.

33.7 miles from the CSX yard to Klaben Ford in Kent, OH.
9.4 miles more to It’s new home! ?

Time since ordering:
213 days
or
30 weeks and 3 days
or
7 months and 1 day
or
58.36% of 2021

Last edited:

Bold Tracey

Outer Banks
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Buick
No railcar # yet, but did find BS is @ Gatyard in Illinois. I do believe dealer was kinda surprised, that I informed him of the actual build.
2/22 with now 10/1-10/7 ETA
Pretty sure could be here earlier??

Mpgarr12787

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Don't be nervous. My build week came and went. 3 weeks later it finally got built with no notifications at all. I'm now "awaiting shipment". I also didn't have a window sticker generated until after it started production.
Gives me some hope since you and I have been on a similar path. No updates from my build date of 8/9 that was setup back in early June. That’s the last time I heard from Ford. Hoping mine just magically gets built and shows up to my dealership

JessP09

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 2EAE2FE1-BC6A-4552-8D38-5A5B35C3BB09

Called my dealer yesterday to get the railcar number and he had no idea how to get it or what I was talking about when I asked for the report all he knew was that it was in New Mexico yesterday. Desperately waiting for my Outer Banks as my current car is falling apart. Hoping that’s one fast train to get it to me in Northern WI

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
Finally out of the waiting room. Our Outer Banks was supposed to be delivered between 9/10 to 9/16 from a dealer 2 hours away.

My wife and I decided to go grab some lunch today. As we were driving close to the Ford dealer a mile from us we noticed a delivery truck sitting out in the road. I knew they were getting in the same Bronco eventually so as we drove closer I noticed it was on the truck. We pulled in and asked a sales person if anyone had a deposit on it. Nope. So we bought it. The funny thing is as we were waiting on detail the other dealership called and said our Bronco had come in. lol
Told them to refund our deposit. This is a dealer who my wife originally drove to after work to put a deposit on one then got told the next day it had been sold. Sold it under her so the manager let her put a deposit on the one delivered today. Actually happy we aren't buying from them.
The process today was super easy which I honestly didn't expect because this dealership is usually terrible to deal with. Getting a good sales person makes a huge difference. Love it, but Ford designers are idiots for using piano black panels on the sides which scratch just by looking at them.

Last edited:

BroncoMT

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maxda3

Called my dealer yesterday to get the railcar number and he had no idea how to get it or what I was talking about when I asked for the report all he knew was that it was in New Mexico yesterday. Desperately waiting for my Outer Banks as my current car is falling apart. Hoping that’s one fast train to get it to me in Northern WI
Was this just today? The Ford tracker is working for you? Haven't been able to use it since Wednesday. I'm suppose to have delivery tomorrow or next week. Don't know if this is a red flag for me. ?

JessP09

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Was this just today? The Ford tracker is working for you? Haven't been able to use it since Wednesday. I'm suppose to have delivery tomorrow or next week. Don't know if this is a red flag for me. ?
Yeah Ive been checking it multiple times a day just in case something changes. No issues going on it.

BroncoMT

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maxda3
Yeah Ive been checking it multiple times a day just in case something changes. No issues going on it.
Thanks man. This looks like a red flag for me. Better call my dealership tomorrow and confirm. Maybe this is good and it's already there. Hopefully. I did see the window sticker change to today's date.

Bold Tracey

Outer Banks
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Buick

Same boat with my dealership. They either do not want to , or Do Not Know how to get me railcar #. They have had a few days- crickets!! Since I let them know it was coming. Wish there was another way to get that info?

@5GKennyG

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have a VIN, I have a window sticker, and I have this update See attached Picture. What I don’t have is a BS? September 7 has come and gone. Dealer is not being helpful at all. Almost feel like I am bothering them. Can anyone give me reason for optimism? After reading this thread, it sounds like Dealers have done some shady stuff. i didn’t just put down a deposit. I paid for my Bronco Sport in full. Now I feel stupid. I heard some mention of a tracker. How do I access the tracker? Any other suggestions or advice is welcome.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 7A46EA27-6524-4D4B-B1E4-1187DE79657D

Bold Tracey

Outer Banks
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Buick
I have a VIN, I have a window sticker, and I have this update See attached Picture. What I don’t have is a BS? September 7 has come and gone. Dealer is not being helpful at all. Almost feel like I am bothering them. Can anyone give me reason for optimism? After reading this thread, it sounds like Dealers have done some shady stuff. i didn’t just put down a deposit. I paid for my Bronco Sport in full. Now I feel stupid. I heard some mention of a tracker. How do I access the tracker? Any other suggestions or advice is welcome.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 7A46EA27-6524-4D4B-B1E4-1187DE79657D
Situation similar for sure. With no railcar# you cannot track with all the help on this forum. My dealer only showed my BS in a gatyard in IL. Without showing railcar # . But with paying in full-- I would not hesitate to demand anything you wanted to know!
Dealerships have not been helpful, but Probably more good than bad results here for sure!
Did they send that Visibility report?

@5GKennyG

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Situation similar for sure. With no railcar# you cannot track with all the help on this forum. My dealer only showed my BS in a gatyard in IL. Without showing railcar # . But with paying in full-- I would not hesitate to demand anything you wanted to know!
Dealerships have not been helpful, but Probably more good than bad results here for sure!
Did they send that Visibility report?
Hi Bold Tracey, thank you for the quick response. What is a Visibility Report? Is this something I can request from Dealer? I saw the Tracker link but when I put VIN in it it says cannot find VIN. On the Ford website, under Support & Service it pulls up a picture of my vehicle. So the website accepted the VIN but not much else came up.
Sponsored