Waiting room

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
You can't really but follow the usual process and timing that everyone has been saying and from what I remember my time at Ford. My window sticker had 4 22 21 date and exactly seven days later it was built, it obviously was in body and paint earlier that week and finished that Thursday 4/29 (actual finish assembly 3-4 hours that day)> for everyone scheduled afterwards during the 2 week shutdown it's as if you add 21 days to that sticker date now rather than 7 like mine was. You just have to add the 14 day shutdown totaling 21 days now and that gives you the rough date of actually being built
Thanks
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 5521FCAE-C2AF-44BD-9462-8469123761E3
as mine shows 4/39. Then below 5/17
Sponsored

Heart2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew
I have not been to my local dealer to ask, but what is the current wait time for a Badlands or Outer Banks with a sunroof? Are the MY21 orders closed already? How soon can I order a MY22?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So, I am 'signed' and first on the list at a dealer, window sticker 4/30 in bottom box - bottom date changed - 5/1, 5/2, 5/8, 5/15. dealer said 'i don't know if you heard but there has been a delay due to parts, so it's looking like it will be here last week of may /first week of june. Mind you, this is the person that told me it was being built on 5/13. But, I tend to think it was in production before that based on the tracker sites.

there has been no change on any of the tracking sites - still 'in production', but I told him I would come in and buy now and just wait for arrival. Is there any downside to buying an 'in transit' dealer stock vehicle?
if the dealer took your money and they are trustworthy, buying in transit dealer stock should be safe enough. It's essentially what I ultimately did. I am glad I did. So far as I can tell, my original order hasn't even started yet. The Badlands I purchased arrived several weeks earlier than expected and has been awesome so far.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have not been to my local dealer to ask, but what is the current wait time for a Badlands or Outer Banks with a sunroof? Are the MY21 orders closed already? How soon can I order a MY22?
One of the biggest issues right now is moon/sunroof orders. If one is on its way or has a VIN from dealer stock or an order someone backs out of it may not be too bad. If you need to start from scratch, you likely won't see one until well beyond October from what I am hearing and that's best-case scenario as things stand right now. It's believed the parts crunch is just beginning.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
One of the biggest issues right now is moon/sunroof orders. If one is on its way or has a VIN from dealer stock or an order someone backs out of it may not be too bad. If you need to start from scratch, you likely won't see one until well beyond October from what I am hearing and that's best-case scenario as things stand right now. It's believed the parts crunch is just beginning.
I've been following this thread and it will be interesting to see when mine gets scheduled.
I went with an OB + OB pkg minus moonroof and no 360+, but I did opt for tow.
I understand the tow package can delay orders, otherwise mine should be rather straightforward.

I hope to have it by Thanksgiving. :turkey:

Last edited:

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
How can you see what stage of production? Mine is being built this week as well
You can see exactly where you are once you are “in production”. Ask your dealer for a “Visibility Report”

They can print or email it. The report will also track the Train car once shipped.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Found out the body for mine is on a boat from China in the form of iron ore. As soon as it arrives in the states it will be melted and processed into steel. Received a VIN about 2 months ago with a build date of 6/28 the same time. Crickets since. I think Ford is just stringing us out.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I've been following this thread and it will be interesting to see when mine gets scheduled.
I went with an OB + OB pkg minus moonroof and no 360+, but I did opt for tow.
I understand the tow package can delay orders, otherwise mine should be rather straightforward.

I hope to have it by Thanksgiving. :turkey:
honestly if you didn't order moonroof or 360+ I'd guess it should be sooner rather than later. Tow packages seem to be making production. I don't have the direct answer sadly but just watching what people built and what's coming in it may not be too long.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I don't think anyone knows when a '22 can be ordered yet. No more new Badland orders for rest of model year '21. But Badlands ordered before the April 15 are supposed to be built. No new sunroof orders will be accepted after April 15 cutoff but sunroof orders before the cutoff are supposed to be built. BB and OB can still be orderded with all options except sunroof.

George G

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
Found out the body for mine is on a boat from China in the form of iron ore. As soon as it arrives in the states it will be melted and processed into steel. Received a VIN about 2 months ago with a build date of 6/28 the same time. Crickets since. I think Ford is just stringing us out.
You and I have the same build date. I hope it wasnt pushed back again. My order date was 3/2.

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
So, I am 'signed' and first on the list at a dealer, window sticker 4/30 in bottom box - bottom date changed - 5/1, 5/2, 5/8, 5/15. dealer said 'i don't know if you heard but there has been a delay due to parts, so it's looking like it will be here last week of may /first week of june. Mind you, this is the person that told me it was being built on 5/13. But, I tend to think it was in production before that based on the tracker sites.

there has been no change on any of the tracking sites - still 'in production', but I told him I would come in and buy now and just wait for arrival. Is there any downside to buying an 'in transit' dealer stock vehicle?
No downside. Only upside as now nothing left to do except wait on your new ride to arrive!! I am doing something once I have confirmation of an actual build and ship.

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
I don't think anyone knows when a '22 can be ordered yet. No more new Badland orders for rest of model year '21. But Badlands ordered before the April 15 are supposed to be built. No new sunroof orders will be accepted after April 15 cutoff but sunroof orders before the cutoff are supposed to be built. BB and OB can still be orderded with all options except sunroof.
Hope that my BL will increase in value over the years since not many produced in 2021. Like that 69 Cuda you have pictured. That is a nice ride!!!

Mblmr_chick

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacqueline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
While I cannot speak on the wait times, if you have a decent dealer who will watch for an ordered vehicle that was backed out of by someone you may see a moonroof this year. From what I was understanding some people pre-ordered through the dealer and couldn't continue to wait or decided not to purchase for other reasons so you may get a better equipped model faster that way. Only downside (because my dealer tried this) you may get something you don't want. For me, the Navy Pier interior was NOT something I could live with so I waited another month for the Roast and my tow package. It was so worth it. Good luck to you.

Terri Romano

Badlands
First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln
My BL/BL pkg build week has been bumped back to week of 6/7 from 5/31 Has anyone that has had there build week changed back to a earlier time.
Sponsored