whithutch511

Badlands
First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500L
I did $100 reservation 3 days after they opened, which was sometime in July I want to say.
8/13 - Converted to order.
11/19 - Got email from Ford saying that I had been scheduled for production for March 1st, 2021.
1/26/21 - Got email saying it is now scheduled to be built week of April 5th

Since it appears to matter I ordered BL+BL, Area 51, cargo management system, 235/65 R17 A/T Tires, Cargo Mat, Co-Pilot360 Assist+, Cargo Mat, Tow Package.

I'm not sure why my original build week was so far back to begin with but it is what it is. I also have priority code of 19
Sponsored

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
I did $100 reservation 3 days after they opened, which was sometime in July I want to say.
8/13 - Converted to order.
11/19 - Got email from Ford saying that I had been scheduled for production for March 1st, 2021.
1/26/21 - Got email saying it is now scheduled to be built week of April 5th

Since it appears to matter I ordered BL+BL, Area 51, cargo management system, 235/65 R17 A/T Tires, Cargo Mat, Co-Pilot360 Assist+, Cargo Mat, Tow Package.

I'm not sure why my original build week was so far back to begin with but it is what it is. I also have priority code of 19
From what I have seen the delays are due to commodities available . Sunroof, rims,tow and cargo management seems to be the root of the delays. Others that have ordered base trims are no having same issue.

whithutch511

Badlands
First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500L
From what I have seen the delays are due to commodities available . Sunroof, rims,tow and cargo management seems to be the root of the delays. Others that have ordered base trims are no having same issue.
I knew about the sunroof. I didn't realize the tow and cargo systems were still having issues. My frustration is purely out of excitement for getting this car! I understand these are crazy times we are living in and everyone is doing the best they can. I can also say I am happy to wait to get the exact car I want, with parts that are not going to have issues, then settle for something else or have issues after delivery.

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
I knew about the sunroof. I didn't realize the tow and cargo systems were still having issues. My frustration is purely out of excitement for getting this car! I understand these are crazy times we are living in and everyone is doing the best they can. I can also say I am happy to wait to get the exact car I want, with parts that are not going to have issues, then settle for something else or have issues after delivery.
Yes I agree, prefer to get what I want. The marketing was deceiving in the OB as it shows BL pics for interior and wheels thus why I changed to BL . In the state the world is in today , feel very blessed to be able to purchase a new vehicle . So I will deal with the waiting. Hopefully get in May

OP
OP

NEBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks

ltober20

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I

That’s not too bad. Sounds like you had better luck than most. Did yours include the OB package with the moonroof? From what I’ve read that seems to be an issue causing some delays.
No moonroof for me. Pretty much did as simple of an order at the outer banks level.

I was expecting it to be longer but thrilled to have it already. there are some other people's timelines in that post too

OP
OP

NEBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Thought I’d share my own update with you all...I received an email today saying my build date is scheduled for April 12th.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Thought I’d share my own update with you all...I received an email today saying my build date is scheduled for April 12th.
Congrats! I placed my order on January 15th for a BL+BL and I never received a confirmation email at all. And I'm still waiting for a build date. Haven't heard anything from the dealer. A bit frustrating, as I don't even have proof the order was entered into the system.

OP
OP

NEBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Congrats! I placed my order on January 15th for a BL+BL and I never received a confirmation email at all. And I'm still waiting for a build date. Haven't heard anything from the dealer. A bit frustrating, as I don't even have proof the order was entered into the system.
Have you tried following up with the dealer? I happened to send them an email Friday right after I left because I forgot to ask a question. About an hour later I got the separate email from Ford confirming my order. I think it’s a matter of the dealer linking your email to Ford when submitting the order to receive those updates. So maybe that didn’t happen in your case. But hopefully your dealer should be able to give you some sort of update if you reach out to them.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I placed a new (second) order on 1/27. Requested my dealer upgrade the priority code if they could from the default 19. Got notice today the regional distribution manager was able to set it to priority 01 (I know right! I was expecting at best maybe an 10 or 11). Along with this news I also got my email from Ford today with scheduled build week of 4/12, and the new VIN from my dealer. I had the order confirmation email same day order was placed last week. Make friends with your dealers folks. It makes so much of a difference. They obviously can’t do anything about delays, but at least my changing order didn’t set me back any further than Ford’s delay on my original order from last Fall. ??

FredE

Outer Banks
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I ordered my Outer Banks (no moonroof) on September 30. It was built December 10, shipped December 11, and arrived here (Michigan) 42 days later on January 22.

sdchrisp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I ordered my Bronco Sport Badlands (Area 51) with the ebony/cyber orange cloth interior, nothing else special, on December 21, 2020. I got a confirmation on January 7, 2021 with my VIN and a build date, the week of February 15, 2021. I'm hoping it will arrive at the beginning of March!

Last edited:

area51babe

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hi everyone

I put my order in on 1.29.21 for my Outer Banks, Area 51. No special options as I figured it would delay my BS, I can always add stuff on later.

today I got an email stating that I’m scheduled for production the week of April 12th. So excited!

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Have you tried following up with the dealer? I happened to send them an email Friday right after I left because I forgot to ask a question. About an hour later I got the separate email from Ford confirming my order. I think it’s a matter of the dealer linking your email to Ford when submitting the order to receive those updates. So maybe that didn’t happen in your case. But hopefully your dealer should be able to give you some sort of update if you reach out to them.
Just heard from my dealer. We’ve got a VIN! My BL+BL is scheduled to be built in mid April. It’s happening!
Sponsored