Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I bought some black overlay letters for the front and rear of my OBX. I purchased them from Diamond vinyl company. Looking at the install instructions and they say nothing about spraying water/soap before applying. I would like to do this to insure proper positioning. Has anyone used this product? Will it hurt to spray the mixture first, or will it affect the glue?
Sponsored

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
You can use the wet or dry method. Shouldnā€™t make a difference either way.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Is this how all letter overlays go on? Iā€™ve been thinking of buying some for the back but canā€™t decide on either black or some color.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Is this how all letter overlays go on? Iā€™ve been thinking of buying some for the back but canā€™t decide on either black or some color.
You can get letters that cover the entire existing letter as well. They stick on with 3M tape.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175394076541?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=8s1cmWf8RYS&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=x0ifgmibta-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I like the vinyl ones better as they go on and off easily and will not leave any residue behind. The ones I posted are nice though as you can paint them any color you want before you put them on.

Iā€™ve only used the vinyl so I donā€™t have any first hand experience with the ones from eBay.

R W NORRIS New Mexico

Big Bend
First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have the "Flag" letters from this dealer as well and I used the "wet" method for applying the letters to the front and back of my Bronco Sport. They have been on for 1 year and still no problems at all. Great product and seller. Hope you enjoy yours. Rodger

CODIY

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I bought some black overlay letters for the front and rear of my OBX. I purchased them from Diamond vinyl company. Looking at the install instructions and they say nothing about spraying water/soap before applying. I would like to do this to insure proper positioning. Has anyone used this product? Will it hurt to spray the mixture first, or will it affect the glue?
Did you end up getting your letters installed? Would like to see a picture of the black overlay you bought.

vegasvic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL, Ford F-150, Chevy C-10, '74+'75 Yamaha
What about durability? Iā€™d I go thru a ā€˜touchā€™ car wash do I need to worry?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
What about durability? Iā€™d I go thru a ā€˜touchā€™ car wash do I need to worry?
I've had no issues with mine. High pressure sprayer, brushes, and drying towels have had no visible detrimental effects.
Sponsored