bcas71

Big Bend
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Sorry, I meant to update Thursday, but got busy and forgot. Took mine to the dealership Thursday. They said they found a bad wire behind the ports module. Anyway they got it fixed and everything is working great now on both the USB-C and USB-A. Covered under warranty, so no cost.
Sponsored

Tones1975

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
Sorry, I meant to update Thursday, but got busy and forgot. Took mine to the dealership Thursday. They said they found a bad wire behind the ports module. Anyway they got it fixed and everything is working great now on both the USB-C and USB-A. Covered under warranty, so no cost.
Thanks for updating......my wife's bronco sport had her iPhone plugged in to use Google maps and The phone just disconnected from Carplay and stopped charging. I plugged my Galaxy into the USB-C Port and it wasn't working either. Wife then plugged into USB charger that is plugged into the cigar lighter and the charging cable works.
The charging ports also have the blue lights surrounding them illuminated so there is still power to them but not the USB ports.
Guess it's time for a dealer visit.

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
S'Up Bronco Fans,
I am sure all of you know this, but I have not seen it here so far.
These kind of issues might as well be HARDWARE issues (i.e. loose port, blown fuse, etc.)
However, we need to also think it could be a SOFTWARE / FIRMWARE issue.
So, I recommend checking for updates and installing if needed. Don't assume the "Automatic Update" will do it at night. Need to connect to your WiFi network of course.

NOTE for Android Phones:
I was having an issue with ANDROID AUTO- but then it was Google that needed to update the app to work with SYNC3 better. I also found that very cheap power USB cables didn't work as data transfers ... FORD recommends using the cable that came with the phone. Which I have done- and it works. When buying a USB cable- make sure it can transfer data. I know there is a setting in the phone to set the USB as power only or both power/data. It was set to the latter. I swapped between both cables and the original USB cable activated the AA. However, I could be wrong on the "Great USB Cable Conspiracy" though. :wink:

mtrm100

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just updating - I took my BS into the dealership and they said the whole USB unit was bad. They are going to replace the part. I'm taking it in tomorrow to be repaired. Hoping this fixes the issue.

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
My front usb port stopped working, cable ok, dealer can't take me until 1 Jun.
Dealer service lead times are crazy, mine is scheduling out 6 weeks from today!

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
Is that an employee issue? I got my first oil change this week. Called on Monday... Told them i needed Thursday . Done and done. In the past when i had warranty/recall work for my other Fords... Maybe a day later to pick up. I've been able to schedule same week or next. Usually on my time frame.

We use our USB often for direct phone gps and our "jump" drive of music. No issues yet there.

Danni111972

Big Bend
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 2021
I'm having the same issue. My fob was with me. I've tried several USB-A and USB -C cables and two different phones. I did pull fuses 52 and 60. They looked ok. Swapped them and still same issue. I have a appointment at dealership to look at it next Thursday morning, 7/15. Will update then.
I am having the same issue now. What did the dealer day?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I am having the same issue now. What did the dealer day?
Hi there. This USB port concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco Sport. Could you please send us a DM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer/location? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end if you like.
Sponsored