Union Pacific tracking

Pofferle

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
The UP automated attendant does not allow enough time to say the alpha portion of the railcar number. Upon keying in the numeric suffix multiple choices of incorrect full railcar numbers are returned. Has anyone else ran into this problem?
Sponsored

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
The UP automated attendant does not allow enough time to say the alpha portion of the railcar number. Upon keying in the numeric suffix multiple choices of incorrect full railcar numbers are returned. Has anyone else ran into this problem?
Yes! I did. I switched to using CSX. Since the railcar number stays the same, you can track it with them. Best to not use the phone on speaker as the few times I tried it that way it never heard the letters correctly. FYI, mine arrived in Tucson this morning!!!

Last edited:

BSB75

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands CO
I think it's TTGX

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's TTGX
Sorry if this was not a response to my post, You think what is TTGX?

My railcar number is NKCR007467.

BSB75

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes the TTGX was the alpha portion of the Union Pacific railcar tracking information followed by the numeric, at least it was when i tracked mine in April/May.

OP
OP

Pofferle

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
yes the TTGX was the alpha portion of the Union Pacific railcar tracking information followed by the numeric, at least it was when i tracked mine in April/May.
Did you call UP or CSX?

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve only had luck tracking by calling CSX, even though UP is still hauling it as of this afternoon. The only way I can get the automated is by speaking directly in the phone. Speakerphone, hands free, and a noisy background all cause havoc with the automated system.

BSB75

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you call UP or CSX?
called UP but agree with an earlier poster that you had to talk real clear and slow. It would take a few times sometimes to get it to record the correct railcar number but it worked

Kristine44

Badlands
First Name
Kristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My car seems to finally be getting close! However, I’m a little confused about the UP message I received when I called and tracked it. I’m in Oregon and it said it arrived in what sounded like “Canton” Oregon this morning. That is not a town in Oregon to my knowledge and not one with a UP stop for sure…it said “estimated arrival of industry” tomorrow night. What does that mean? I feel dumb ?

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
My car seems to finally be getting close! However, I’m a little confused about the UP message I received when I called and tracked it. I’m in Oregon and it said it arrived in what sounded like “Canton” Oregon this morning. That is not a town in Oregon to my knowledge and not one with a UP stop for sure…it said “estimated arrival of industry” tomorrow night. What does that mean? I feel dumb ?
Might have been Portland, Oregon since UP has two rail yards there - The Albina and Brooklyn Yards.

Kristine44

Badlands
First Name
Kristine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The railroads use station names and not necessarily towns. The term "industry" means where the unit on the railcar will be unloaded. Sounds like your car is arriving the final stop to be off loaded tomorrow night. It may take a day to off-load, and it may sit there several days before it gets loaded, or convoyed to the dealer. Check https://www.palsapp.com/ for updates to find out when its loaded onto the auto carrier.
Thank you!! It definitely didn’t sound like Carlton. Hopefully it will get to the dealer soon. Didn’t sound like the guy I’m dealing with there would look more into the recall fix it requires until the car actually arrives. Maybe I’ll actually get it someday!

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I say the whole thing after the pound key speech she gives and it works for me
Sponsored