Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
How's that rugged marketing working out now? ;)
Primarily there for aerodynamics, but will also keep dirt and road debris off your fuel/brake/evap bundle. There is a metal skid plate protecting the carbon canister on Badlands.

That being said it sounds like it working out pretty good.........,.,... Just saying
Sponsored

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was just looking at the deflector panel today and it seems to be the lowest clearance part on the BS. What is the function of the panel, is it protecting anything? Maybe worth removing.
fuel pump there, lines, some more plugs.

dfwplaneguy

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It looks like it's a ~$80 part new from Ford, but is on backorder while cars are still in early production.

Some pics of the quick fix below. May order the part eventually when it gets in stock, but no functional difference for now.
Do you by chance have the part number. I tore mine today at Bridgeport OHV. Just a v-shaped tear about a foot long. I'm going to try and sew it back together, but just in case, I'm thinking of buy a replacement.

OP
OP
shakeandbaker

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
Do you by chance have the part number. I tore mine today at Bridgeport OHV. Just a v-shaped tear about a foot long. I'm going to try and sew it back together, but just in case, I'm thinking of buy a replacement.
Believe it’s one of these depending on if it’s the left or right side you are trying to replace.

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road 1627757886365

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road 1627757905122

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Believe it’s one of these depending on if it’s the left or right side you are trying to replace.

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road 1627757886365

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road 1627757905122
? 2 deflectors for "Part time drive" LH and RH and only one for "FTD" (Full time drive)I'm figuring the 2 trims with the dual rear clutch in the rear. So maybe we aren't missing a deflector on the passenger side ?‍♂

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
? 2 deflectors for "Part time drive" LH and RH and only one for "FTD" (Full time drive)I'm figuring the 2 trims with the dual rear clutch in the rear. So maybe we aren't missing a deflector on the passenger side ?‍♂
Why would that be , what's in the way , if they are worried about hitting something , no need to have the Drivers side if there is a crash plate there . Just doesn't make sense , just like a Engine Cover missing( eliminated ) , I think its more of penny pinching & or parts availability .

Unless you can show me a mechanical reason :sunglasses:

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Why would that be , what's in the way , if they are worried about hitting something , no need to have the Drivers side if there is a crash plate there . Just doesn't make sense , just like a Engine Cover missing( eliminated ) , I think its more of penny pinching & or parts availability .

Unless you can show me a mechanical reason :sunglasses:
Why has Ford admitted to eliminating the engine cover and 12V plugs and not an air deflector? Probably the same reason the BL and FE have the little deflectors on the front of the wheel wells and the lower trims do not? That's all I'm saying....doesn't make sense if that was the case of penny pinching

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Why has Ford admitted to eliminating the engine cover and 12V plugs and not an air deflector? Probably the same reason the BL and FE have the little deflectors on the front of the wheel wells and the lower trims do not? That's all I'm saying....doesn't make sense if that was the case of penny pinching
Do you mean the little front mudflaps? My big bend has those.

OP
OP
shakeandbaker

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
Decided to finally order and replace the deflector panel on the driver's side since it got bent out of shape and a few of the mounting points were ripped.

Pretty straightforward to install.

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road IMG_0571

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road IMG_0570

Ford Bronco Sport Undercarriage deflector panel took damage off-road IMG_0569

galt42

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray
How's that rugged marketing working out now? ;)
I wish I had read this thread before heading out last week in my BS Badlands - the driver's side panel took the same hit while scraping (smoothly) over a rock strewn berm - these panels perform aerodynamic and acoustic duties; there are skid plates under those aero panels and they worked perfectly! A few scrapes on the skid plates is the only "damage" done to the vehicle. The Bronco Sport Badlands performed as it should. The panels are easily removed WITHOUT raising the vehicle. I will no longer go off road with these in place.

As far as I know, the First Edition and Badlands have skid plates - the other trim packages do not.

BTW, the Bronco Off Roadeo in Texas gives you an opportunity to scape over rocks in someone else's Bronco Sport - too bad they didn't mention the aero panels. I suspect they had removed theirs.
Sponsored