spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm curious about the mobile apps. There don't seem to be many to add to Sync, so what's the point? Also, I was playing Pandora and trying to figure out how it was using my Pandora account from my phone, but wasn't plugged in using Apple Car Play. I thought it was using the car's modem for internet, but when I put my phone in airplane mode, the music stopped and there was a message on the screen that it lost it's internet connection. I thought the phone had to be plugged in to use apps on the phone, so this threw me for a loop. Anyone have a better understanding of how this works?
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I don't really know too much about it but your phone can connect through bluetooth. That is the only way it could have been playing Pandora for you.

OP
OP
spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I don't really know too much about it but your phone can connect through bluetooth. That is the only way it could have been playing Pandora for you.
I do know it can connect via Bluetooth, but I thought it had to be plugged in to use any apps

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
You we're playing Pandora thru the Bluetooth source on the Ford Radio, if you are plugged in it will switch to the app on sync.

Not every app works on sync cause they require a sync conversion. I would think Ford charges for app compatibility. In addition they have safety protocols to remind people to pay attention. I know if I go thru a few pages on screen, it makes me wait to use the screen if the vehicle is in motion.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm curious about the mobile apps. There don't seem to be many to add to Sync, so what's the point?
I thought the phone had to be plugged in to use apps on the phone, so this threw me for a loop. Anyone have a better understanding of how this works?
You just discovered the "point." If you use the mobile apps you can get some of the same features of Android Auto/Apple Carplay without having to plug in the phone.
Sponsored