BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm planning to get the same rack once my Badlands arrives. I'm curious, have you found yourself wanting the perimeter rail kit or are you doing fine without? It's like an extra $250 so I'll save that cash if it's not really that important. I've got plenty of ratchet straps laying around...
I personally have not found myself wanting the side rails. i also use ratchet straps
Sponsored

OP
OP
BagOJuice

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is your flat rack from rhino? Did you have to use cross bars? And are you able to lock it to the rails with a keyed lock?
No crossbars are needed for this yakima rack. There are attachments which allow you to use a keyed lock. I believe those are separate purchases though.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
No crossbars are needed for this yakima rack. There are attachments which allow you to use a keyed lock. I believe those are separate purchases though.

Yakima Lock-n-Load racks can be attached "directly" to towers using the separately purchased mini-adapters you're referencing.

You can •also• attach them to full cross-bars instead, if desired. This adds more height and weight, but might be desirable if you swap accessories across the span of the seasons (Lock-n-Load platform, cargo boxes, etc…), and want to anchor those assorted accessories to one set of bars+towers.

Edit: Added attachment note for context.

Attachments

Last edited:

Brochacho

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I got the B too, but there are some great deals in the clearance section of rhino rack you should check out.
Ford Bronco Sport Trail rig! Yakima platform rack installed. Still more to add PXL_20211006_203208517
Completely off topic, but what size are your Toyo Open Country tires? I have been considering buying a set and am trying to decide if I should stick with 225/60r18.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Completely off topic, but what size are your Toyo Open Country tires? I have been considering buying a set and am trying to decide if I should stick with 225/60r18.
I chose to go 225/60/18, for the first set. I kept the BS as close to stock so the bugs could work themselves out without an excuse from Ford on warranty issues.
Sponsored