Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
At the risk of stating the obvious, I view the Bronco Sport, especially the Badlands trim, as a right and proper sport utility vehicle. So many "SUVs" barely qualify as such IMHO; the dilution of "SUV" is perhaps why we have to reach for other descriptors when talking about the Bronco Sport.
Well said!
Sponsored

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I haven't heard anyone mention over heating on any videos. That seems to be more with the soobie cvt.
But we can call it scout?:crackup: Sure is better than baby bronco.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Unbelievable,
People actually buy a Bronco Sport for forty grand and think it’s a rock crawling off road Jeep.
This shows how little people know about off roading.
Come on people. It’s the escape chassis, a unibody with a bit more advanced drive system and a little more ground clearance.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Unbelievable,
People actually buy a Bronco Sport for forty grand and think it’s a rock crawling off road Jeep.
This shows how little people know about off roading.
Come on people. It’s the escape chassis, a unibody with a bit more advanced drive system and a little more ground clearance.
I generally roll up the curb into the driveway slowly. Is'nt that rock crawling? If it is the my sons Mazda3 is an off road MACHINE!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I generally roll up the curb into the driveway slowly. Is'nt that rock crawling? If it is the my sons Mazda3 is an off road MACHINE!
Yeah I run my BS base model through a rock garden every day.
The big rocks are over three inches in diameter and there are thousands of em’ :,P

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Yeah I run my BS base model through a rock garden every day.
The big rocks are over three inches in diameter and there are thousands of em’ :,P
Imagine the trail ride we could come up with :crackup:

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
She does mention nittos i believe. I would have to rewatch the video for a model.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
When I started my shopping there were a couple of AWD vehicles I was looking at. But all the vehicles came with street tires. I dont care if its drag racing rock crawling or simple off roading, It always comes down to the rubber on the ground.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I started my shopping there were a couple of AWD vehicles I was looking at. But all the vehicles came with street tires. I dont care if its drag racing rock crawling or simple off roading, It always comes down to the rubber on the ground.
But if you want a capable off roader you also need ground clearance locking axles, crawl gearing and some Horsepower and Torque.
Then maybe you can turn decent rubber in the rough stuff.

22-VelBlue

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I bet most of the people complaining about the name of the Bronco Sport don’t even own a Bronco.

Who really cares? The Bronco Sport, specifically the Badlands, has shown that it is very capable for what it is

I think the Bronco is cool and I’m not going to criticize it just to be an ass.
Amen to that - who cares what name.

Having just gotten back from Moab, I can attest to the Badlands' ability to take on some seriously hard terrain at Sand Flats Rec Area. Wow! I wasn't sure I could make it (245/65/17 tires, stock ride) but she crawled through like a champ with only some minor damage. Some pucker factor going on for sure, but that was fun!

Ford Bronco Sport Trail Militia Video: Is the Bronco Sport the best AWD vehicle on the market? We test it with a Honda Ridgeline PXL_20221022_161952558

Ford Bronco Sport Trail Militia Video: Is the Bronco Sport the best AWD vehicle on the market? We test it with a Honda Ridgeline PXL_20221022_164133401

Ford Bronco Sport Trail Militia Video: Is the Bronco Sport the best AWD vehicle on the market? We test it with a Honda Ridgeline PXL_20221022_171327761

JRM

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, C5 Corvette, 08 Harley Softail
Interesting. A lot of people were just mad that it got the Bronco name....Was it going to be a Bronco Scout? or just Scout? That probably would have made a different group of people mad so ... you can't win them all.
I chose my Velocity blue BB because it reminded me of the Scout II I ordered new in 1972 (almost the same blue, but had a white top). Wouldn't have minded if it had the Scout name. Love it, even though this BB probably won't see much off-road, just snow.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
But if you want a capable off roader you also need ground clearance locking axles, crawl gearing and some Horsepower and Torque.
Then maybe you can turn decent rubber in the rough stuff.
Yes but most will do just fine with a mild lift that is available and be capable. Capable is a relative term. There are trails even in the west that stockish would be just fine. But until my order comes in, I dont know jack if I didnt learn it on YouTube. :crackup:

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Amen to that - who cares what name.

Having just gotten back from Moab, I can attest to the Badlands' ability to take on some seriously hard terrain at Sand Flats Rec Area. Wow! I wasn't sure I could make it (245/65/17 tires, stock ride) but she crawled through like a champ with only some minor damage. Some pucker factor going on for sure, but that was fun!

Ford Bronco Sport Trail Militia Video: Is the Bronco Sport the best AWD vehicle on the market? We test it with a Honda Ridgeline PXL_20221022_161952558

Ford Bronco Sport Trail Militia Video: Is the Bronco Sport the best AWD vehicle on the market? We test it with a Honda Ridgeline PXL_20221022_164133401

Ford Bronco Sport Trail Militia Video: Is the Bronco Sport the best AWD vehicle on the market? We test it with a Honda Ridgeline PXL_20221022_171327761
Looks like the front skid plate is on your list? But thats not bad.
Sponsored