FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had a chance to take a full-size 4 door Outer banks for a drive. Overall, It was pretty nice. Not the package I would go for if I were to order one but it was fun to tool around in for a while.

Ford Bronco Sport Took a big bronco for a spin.... tempImageklWYQ2

Ford Bronco Sport Took a big bronco for a spin.... tempImagenZR3PV

Ford Bronco Sport Took a big bronco for a spin.... tempImagekfh7LI
Sponsored

OP
OP
FirsandFire

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Pros/Cons vs Sport?
Personally I like the seating position of the sport more but there is more space in the full size for sure. The bigger motor has some kick but I doubt it would even be in the ballpark of the mileage I'm getting in the sport. I wasn't crazy about the soft top, Though I loved my wrangler with one, I also had a hard top and swapped back and forth between the two. I wouldn't want a soft top year round. The other banks was a little too nice for me. I'm more of a rubber floor, basic interior kind of person. I have my dog with me and do a lot outdoors, so ease of cleaning is more of a priority for me.

Overall, in a year or two I may get a 2-door version to have fun with or a 4-door if they make a hybrid or electric version.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astrobin.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks for the info!

I have a full size bronco on order but have no clue when it will come in (November or December maybe).

I really like my BS. Great gas mileage and the perfect size. So not sure if I will get rid of it.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I really wanted a full size when all the info started about Broncos return. After seeing the sport, the "availability" which by the way is STILL ahead of the bronco regardless of delays...and after a test drive, I'm happy with the sport and not interested in swapping. The more I drive the sport the more I appreciate what it's capable of and it's advantages for my lifestyle

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Low gas mileage of the big Bronco big draw back esp with rising gas prices. But I like two door big Broncos those are cool.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
My Wife said if we still lived up north she would want the larger Bronco , but the BS has been great for her , she loves it .

Reactions: Jrl

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 FX2
I really wanted a big Bronco, not sure if Iā€™ll get one down the road unless it can get 32-35mpg like my Big Bend Sport.

Spike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid
Personally I like the seating position of the sport more but there is more space in the full size for sure. The bigger motor has some kick but I doubt it would even be in the ballpark of the mileage I'm getting in the sport. I wasn't crazy about the soft top, Though I loved my wrangler with one, I also had a hard top and swapped back and forth between the two. I wouldn't want a soft top year round. The other banks was a little too nice for me. I'm more of a rubber floor, basic interior kind of person. I have my dog with me and do a lot outdoors, so ease of cleaning is more of a priority for me.

Overall, in a year or two I may get a 2-door version to have fun with or a 4-door if they make a hybrid or electric version.
I have a reservation on a 4 door Big Bend with hard top but disapointed to learn that only 2 of the roof panels can be stowed in the back. That makes it unlikely I can take the roof off since I live in FL and it can rain any day. Curious to hear how the soft top is when driving on the highways? For me the roof is the reason I am going with the Sport.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I really wanted a big bronco before ending up with the sport and still have talked about getting a big one with my wife a few times.

If anything I will wait until FORD has this all figured out in 2-3 years. I saw today that they are giving people with a hardtop order the option of reordering for 22 or accepting a softop, after discovering they will have to replace every single hardtop due to quality issues. Iā€™ll wait until the kinks are worked out and I can get what I want for the right price. In my opinion the soft top is hideous, it looks like a cheap tarp.
Although driving around a sought after vehicle is a cool feeling lolā€¦ I still get that with the bronco sport sometimes. Itā€™s a very nice looking vehicle and people still stop me to ask about it, 6 months after ownership.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I saw one around with a soft top...looked cheap. It has to be noisy on the highway.

OP
OP
FirsandFire

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have a reservation on a 4 door Big Bend with hard top but disapointed to learn that only 2 of the roof panels can be stowed in the back. That makes it unlikely I can take the roof off since I live in FL and it can rain any day. Curious to hear how the soft top is when driving on the highways? For me the roof is the reason I am going with the Sport.
I'm not sure how loud it would be on the highway, it was surprisingly pretty quiet around town while I was driving it but I imagine there would definitely be excess road noise at highway speeds.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I saw one around with a soft top...looked cheap. It has to be noisy on the highway.
It depends on the version, but they're all very loud. The first edition has, at least one reviewer, recording 85dB at 70mph. I believe the ones without sasquatch are mid 70s.
Sponsored