to the 2021 owners, do anything different in 2022?

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
cue the trolls who think I hate Ford…
In terms of layout and ease-of-use, I think Ford interiors are some of the best in the industry. But to your point, they're marred by cheap materials. This makes the Sport interior lean more 'cost-cutting' than 'rugged.'

But comparing the interior design to Jeep Compass or Cherokee, the Sport is so much better: clean lines, squared-off components instead of Jeep's weird teardrop (or Salvador Dali melting clock) shapes on the vents and infotainment. The Sport is a breath of fresh air after a decade of awful non-luxury car interiors.
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My take on the Bronco Sport is that it is wonderful, but.
The but is build quality. The power and efficiency is good for my use, the towing doesn’t matter to me, I love (love) the looks and the functionality, and accept the big bend compromises off road (to be fixed).
However, the build quality stinks compared to German and Japanese cars. I have noticed misaligned plastic bits, door panel gaps, and have had one trim part replaced under warranty. Tomorrow it goes in because the front sunroof seal started to lift. The aluminium trim around the sunroof is starting to flake off. I have found multiple paint blemishes. I can stick my finger between a gap in the plastic wheel arch trim and the fender underneath. The radio needed a factory reset as it kept turning on at random.
It drives beautifully, is very comfortable, seems able to easily handle what I toss at it, but is missing a lot on the details. It matters because if that is missed, what else is? As long as it is ok mechanically long term, it won’t matter much.

cue the trolls who think I hate Ford…
You are right on point, mechanically it's a great SUV CUV whatever they want to call it. But with the low cost of the vehicle they definitely put in a lot of cheap plastic inside and out that gets a scratch if you projectile sneeze on it to close. I won't be helping someone move furniture, that's for sure. As far as the power, I'm not racing anyone so it does what I need and has enough power for getting on a highway or the hills in my area. No problems going up access roads at a ski resorts either. Getting off the factory road tires and onto an AT tire was helpful for local speed limits seems to have trouble finding the right gear to cruise 25-35mph.
My biggest gripe about BS OB is the limited options for replacing the 18" tire to an AT. So if it's was an option on this trim, I would much rather of had the 17"

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Given the option, I wouldn't buy the Bronco Sport again.
I would research the Defender or full size Bronco.
Can you find a Defender? I think they are very much rarer than the Bronco Sport.

OP
OP
younglefthander

younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
I had a similar experience. I didn't know anything about the Mav or the BS. When I first saw reports about the Mav back in June, it really appealed to me. I already had a 2017 Frontier I bought used in 2018 , which I was mostly happy with. After finding out I could sell it for more than I paid for it, I sold it and ordered a Mav Lariat Lux FX4 on 6/14. As time went by, more and more orders were being pulled, then there seemed like new constraints weekly.
I was fearful that I would not have it before winter, and I needed the AWD. I visited another local dealer who was just delivered 4 OB BS's. I test drove the one that had the towing package. I loved the looks and how it drove. I was very surprised with the 3 cyl 1.5.
I put down a deposit after the test drive. When I went back the next day to pick it up, the other three were also sold.
It is Kodiak Brown, which they say isn't returning for 22, that makes it kind of unique, but hard to keep clean. I have had it for almost 2 weeks now, and love it. The only thing I wish it had though is the upgraded audio, don't know if that is worth the $1500 upcharge though. I was able to get my deposit back from the Mav.
Haven't seen the Mav in person, but from videos and pics, I think the BS interior is much nicer. Will miss having a truck, but I can pull my utility trailer with the BS the couple times a year I need to haul big stuff.
Glad to see I'm not the only one. I have a feeling it could be awhile for my Maverick to be scheduled. I ordered the Maverick when it first came out in June. Fortunately for me I'm in good shape vehicle wise so I'm in no hurry. My salesman said there is nothing on the build that would hold it up. It's amazing with the idle time how you start looking at trucks differently vs what I ordered. Still feel that the Maverick is the best value truck wise for me but then when I saw the Bronco and how it looked, couldn't help but at least take a look. That's what idle time will do.
I'm just waiting to see what my salesman comes up with as they still have a decent amount of 2021's still to come in. Will see. I appreciate your response.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astrobin.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Well the Bronco Sport was never my first choice. I’ve wanted a full-size bronco since the beginning of the year, when I decided it was time to get rid of the mustang.

Well the mustang sat at the dealer for weeks not getting worked on and a rat got into the car and destroyed the wiring. After back and forth with the dealer, they decided to give me good money for my mustang(more than I thought I would get)

At the same time my future Bronco Sport showed up on the lot (dealer extra) and my wife and I test drove it and liked it.

So if I could do something differently it would be get on the full size bronco list last July. Lol. In reality I just wish my BS had a little more kick. It’s a steep drop off coming from a 5.0L V8.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
You are right on point, mechanically it's a great SUV CUV whatever they want to call it. But with the low cost of the vehicle they definitely put in a lot of cheap plastic inside and out that gets a scratch if you projectile sneeze on it to close. I won't be helping someone move furniture, that's for sure. As far as the power, I'm not racing anyone so it does what I need and has enough power for getting on a highway or the hills in my area. No problems going up access roads at a ski resorts either. Getting off the factory road tires and onto an AT tire was helpful for local speed limits seems to have trouble finding the right gear to cruise 25-35mph.
My biggest gripe about BS OB is the limited options for replacing the 18" tire to an AT. So if it's was an option on this trim, I would much rather of had the 17"
Except that it isn’t low cost. Optioned out like mine is, my big bend cost 40k in Canada. Cars costing 10k less are built better. That is really my biggest frustration with the thing.
Sponsored