Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
As the weather cools down, be sure to keep track of your tire pressure. Here in NC, the temperature is dropping into the 40's and 50's and my pressure is already down about 4 psi. Be aware.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
not even sure you need a membership, I know our closest one is free. controversy over weather it's worth it OR if it's a good idea to mix it. To a point, atmospheric air is 21% oxygen and 78ish nitrogen already. Not sure how much more nitrogen you are really adding by doing so. The biggest claim is, more nitrogen, less moisture, less oxygen, slower leaks, less heat build-up from the water.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
What Barry? You didn't get the $500 nitrogen option for your tires? According to my dealer, you put that sweet, sweet nitrogen in your tires once. Once! One and done! Total no brainer according to the sales guy.
Sales guy must be sniffing that nitrogen!

OP
OP
Barry S.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
not even sure you need a membership, I know our closest one is free. controversy over weather it's worth it OR if it's a good idea to mix it. To a point, atmospheric air is 21% oxygen and 78ish nitrogen already. Not sure how much more nitrogen you are really adding by doing so. The biggest claim is, more nitrogen, less moisture, less oxygen, slower leaks, less heat build-up from the water.
I've got a cordless tire inflator I got on Amazon. Works perfectly and I don't even have to leave the garage. If anyone is interested it's the Ontel Airhawk Pro.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Or...go to Costco and fill em up.
My VW came with Nitrogen in the tire. In 3 years, of checking the tires, the pressure was always the same, year round. When it came time to replace the tires earlier this year, I got them at Costco with Nitrogen in them. The sign on the pump does say it's for members and that you shouldn't let all the air out of your tires and then refill. Found out the hard way on that, why. If you have no air in the tire, the pump won't work.

For the BS, I use regular air, as I'm airing up and down 1-2 times a month on my off-road adventures . But if it was just a street car, I'd put Nitrogen in them and forget about them, unless I had a leak.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
The science:
Nitrogen molecules are larger and slower moving than those of compressed air. Because of this, nitrogen won't seep out of your tires as quickly as air will, helping to maintain proper pressure for a longer period of time.
But I’m not paying someone money for taking a little air out of my tires, LoL.
I/WE all have a tire pressure monitor on board so we don’t need to pay for nitrogen, errr as you were ‘pay for someone to remove the 20% oxygen for special tire air, LoL special tire air, puleease :’P
I check and reset my tire pressure monthly at a minimum and as the seasons change I end up doing it weekly at certain times of the year.
I have a tire tread depth gage and I use it.
Sponsored

Last edited: