CMajor

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone tried this with or without a Bronco Sport?

We ordered a Big Bend with the tow hitch and was curious if the hit could hold this with no problem, as well as how well it functions as a product in general.

The hitch says it can tow 2000lbs and the cargo carrier says it weighs 55lbs and can hold 150lbs, sounds like the hitch should have no problem with a 205lbs hitch on the back.
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
OP
OP

CMajor

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content/dam/brand_ford/en_us/brand/resources/general/pdf/guides/21Towing_Ford_Bronco_Sport_Dec3.pdf
Tow hitches are always great to add racks & such. I think it wouldnā€™t be a problem. This shows the tongue weight for the BS is 220lbs & your carrier falls within that. I suppose it might be easy to stuff the carrier with >150lbs but Iā€™d think it should work.
Thank you so much! I tried to find something like this from Ford before but couldnā€™t. This seems to confirm it will work though.

Reactions: MJE

Matt.M

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Has anyone tried this with or without a Bronco Sport?

We ordered a Big Bend with the tow hitch and was curious if the hit could hold this with no problem, as well as how well it functions as a product in general.

The hitch says it can tow 2000lbs and the cargo carrier says it weighs 55lbs and can hold 150lbs, sounds like the hitch should have no problem with a 205lbs hitch on the back.
Used mine today for the first time on my ā€˜22 OB.

It worked perfectly, no issues with the trailer mode or whatever, 33 MPG average from Ft Worth to Hot Springs. Used normal goat mode entire trip. Hardly noticed any difference with handling. Fits perfect in the draft and not even visible from my mirrors.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Transporter Combi - hitch cargo carrier 8F6EEC68-721F-41A5-B1E6-2D209D44D3FB
Sponsored