Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just installed Thule Evo crossbars on my OB. Bronco Baja blanket’s peeking out from the backseat, too.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Evo Wingbars Installed 2D8AC36B-6049-47F9-98F6-38DB09655CB7

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Evo Wingbars Installed 0A14DAAA-C97D-4FC9-9301-44D3F7E2FB96
Just an FYI...the Thule bars are on backwards. It does seem to look like its right, but the fatter side is supposed to be the leading edge. This will reduce any noise you have experienced so far. Great choice thou!

OP
OP
wsclrk

wsclrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just an FYI...the Thule bars are on backwards. It does seem to look like its right, but the fatter side is supposed to be the leading edge. This will reduce any noise you have experienced so far. Great choice thou!
??‍♂This is my very first vehicle that wasn’t a Ranger or F-150, so I’m a total newb cross bar installation(roof racks/rails in general!). I definitely appreciate you looking out for me, tho. ✌?

OP
OP
wsclrk

wsclrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I think I had the Thule logos on the passenger as the correct orientation in my mind & completely disregarded that whole step in the instructions but I kinda like it better anyway from a strictly aesthetic aspect-at least until I figure out exactly what I wanna do with the roof & can afford all my camping & trail mod ideas. The whistle is pretty minimal, actually, & not really an issue when bangin it out w/that B&O system.????

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
??‍♂This is my very first vehicle that wasn’t a Ranger or F-150, so I’m a total newb cross bar installation(roof racks/rails in general!). I definitely appreciate you looking out for me, tho. ✌?
It's a common mistake since it totally looks right... But having this forum to help and learn from each other makes it so much better.
I think I had the Thule logos on the passenger as the correct orientation in my mind & completely disregarded that whole step in the instructions but I kinda like it better anyway from a strictly aesthetic aspect-at least until I figure out exactly what I wanna do with the roof & can afford all my camping & trail mod ideas. The whistle is pretty minimal, actually, & not really an issue when bangin it out w/that B&O system.????
If you have a whistle not just wind noise that is caused by a gap most likely under the bar around the towers. There is a sliding plastic measuring piece and the other you should have cut to place. Sometimes during install the towers push the sliding measurement stick a little, closing that gap could solve the whistle at least.

OP
OP
wsclrk

wsclrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It's a common mistake since it totally looks right... But having this forum to help and learn from each other makes it so much better.

If you have a whistle not just wind noise that is caused by a gap most likely under the bar around the towers. There is a sliding plastic measuring piece and the other you should have cut to place. Sometimes during install the towers push the sliding measurement stick a little, closing that gap could solve the whistle at least.
This forum has been invaluable—I wouldn’t even have these crossbars had I not discovered on here I could put those o/w fairly pointless FordPass points towards them & also that the dealer had left off 2 installed options I’d certainly paid for & I had missed seeing on the sticker. I definitely appreciate your & everyone else here’s tips, no doubt!

OP
OP
wsclrk

wsclrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This forum has been invaluable—I wouldn’t even have these crossbars had I not discovered on here I could put those o/w fairly pointless FordPass points towards them & also that the dealer had left off 2 installed options I’d certainly paid for & I had missed seeing on the sticker. I definitely appreciate your & everyone else here’s tips, no doubt!
Oh, & I already cut the rubber strips & stuck them underneath & that did make a big difference-almost unnoticeable now but I think I have a constant ringing going on in my ears anyway!

OP
OP
wsclrk

wsclrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Well, I broke down & flipped them the way they’re supposed to be...it’s a lot less pretentious & well, poseurish(& it did eliminate any whistle whatsoever!??) Thanks, again for the head’s up!??

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Evo Wingbars Installed 073E450F-4252-48F5-97EC-1F10F89BDBDB

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Well, I broke down & flipped them the way they’re supposed to be...it’s a lot less pretentious & well, poseurish(& it did eliminate any whistle whatsoever!??) Thanks, again for the head’s up!??

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Evo Wingbars Installed 073E450F-4252-48F5-97EC-1F10F89BDBDB
The people behind will still see the Thule ? you can be whoever you want to be. Glad the fix helped. At least you know it's not your ears alone ?

adkat

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Did you buy them from Ford or from another retailer? Is this the ford kit Part Number: VM1PZ-7855100-C?

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Did you buy them from Ford or from another retailer? Is this the ford kit Part Number: VM1PZ-7855100-C?
If you don't care that they are brand new you can always find them second hand. It's the Evo wingbar 135. Make sure it comes with raised rail towers.
I found a scratch and dent set that the box was smashed and it has a scratch on the underside of 1 bar. Got it for 1/2 off and I can't even see the scratch

OP
OP
wsclrk

wsclrk

Outer Banks
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yeah, & I was able to use my FordPass points towards them, & scored that 15% discount on accessories before the promo was over on New Year’s.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Great bars... I also bought those crossbars and the Thule 450R legs... Cost more than other options on Amazon, but felt more secure after I tried a generic brand of crossbars. However the rack onto is... an Amazon generic I paid $200 for... Happy with it so far.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Evo Wingbars Installed IMG_6558

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Evo Wingbars Installed IMG_6560

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Evo Wingbars Installed IMG_6563

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Evo Wingbars Installed IMG_6567

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi!

I've got the same bars coming to put on my Big Bend; did you notice any change in your fuel economy with them on? My last car I had the same bars on and it knocked it down 3-4 MPG, and I was curious if you had experienced anything like that.

Thanks!
Sponsored