Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hi Folks,
Recently purchased a 2022 Big Bend. I have been trying (failed 2x now), to purchase a crossbar kit. It's costing me more in returns than the kit. :(

I am looking now at just the Thule bars and wondering if anyone can confirm if this set will fit.
Thule WingBar Edge
https://www.thule.com/en-us/roof-rack/car-roof-racks/thule-wingbar-edge-_-1035184?fitassistant=make:FORD|Ford,model:Bronco+Sport+5-dr+SUV|Bronco%20Sport%205-dr%20SUV,year:2021-|2021-,variation:roof-type-617942|Raised%20rail

Thule indicates that it will, but learned now that the factory rails are different by trim. Also, if anyone has recommendations on where online to purchase, that would be very apprecaited.

Thank you!

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Crossbar Help - 2022 Big Bend Screenshot 2023-05-12 104107
Sponsored

3leggedhorse

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I have a Thule wingbar evo 53” and Thule crossroads 450r feet on my 22BigBend…. Works fine. I also have a Yakima platform on the bars right now… fits great

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Crossbar Help - 2022 Big Bend IMG_0090

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Crossbar Help - 2022 Big Bend IMG_0091

OP
OP

FDNY-L107

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I see this option a lot. I was looking for the Thule quality but with the OEM style.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I also have the Thule Wingbar Evo 53" set and highly recommend them. They worked great on my old Big Bend with the Thule Canyon XT basket as well.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Crossbar Help - 2022 Big Bend 20230220_170706

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Crossbar Help - 2022 Big Bend 20220716_174554

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi Folks, Recently purchased a 2022 Big Bend. I have been trying (failed 2x now), to purchase a crossbar kit. It's costing me more in returns than the kit. :( I am looking now at just the Thule bars and wondering if anyone can confirm if this set will fit. Thule WingBar Edge https://www.thule.com/en-us/roof-rack/car-roof-racks/thule-wingbar-edge-_-1035184?fitassistant=make:FORD|Ford,model:Bronco+Sport+5-dr+SUV|Bronco%20Sport%205-dr%20SUV,year:2021-|2021-,variation:roof-type-617942|Raised%20rail Thule indicates that it will, but learned now that the factory rails are different by trim. Also, if anyone has recommendations on where online to purchase, that would be very apprecaited. Thank you!
Ford Bronco Sport Thule Crossbar Help - 2022 Big Bend Screenshot 2023-05-12 104107

I'm a third WingBar Evo 53" and Crossroads 450r footpack vote (although I am not the biggest fan of the Crossroads 450r, I think it makes noise). Thule says the WingBar Edge will fit, so I'd give it a go.

You can buy from almost anywhere. I've bought Thule from Amazon, REI, Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS), LL Bean. Thule has the black version available on their website.

OP
OP

FDNY-L107

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! Does anyone know if the Ford Store's Thule HD Crossbar System will fit the Big Bend trim?

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi Folks,
Recently purchased a 2022 Big Bend. I have been trying (failed 2x now), to purchase a crossbar kit. It's costing me more in returns than the kit. :(

I am looking now at just the Thule bars and wondering if anyone can confirm if this set will fit.
Thule WingBar Edge
https://www.thule.com/en-us/roof-rack/car-roof-racks/thule-wingbar-edge-_-1035184?fitassistant=make:FORD|Ford,model:Bronco+Sport+5-dr+SUV|Bronco%20Sport%205-dr%20SUV,year:2021-|2021-,variation:roof-type-617942|Raised%20rail

Thule indicates that it will, but learned now that the factory rails are different by trim. Also, if anyone has recommendations on where online to purchase, that would be very apprecaited.

Thank you!

Hi,
if you don't want to spend the outrageous prices for Thule, here is an alternative and they fir perfectly, great quality. Also if you prefer the more inline look as opposed to sticking out over the width of the vehicle: see previous post below:

FengYu Roof Rack Cross Bars for Ford Bronco Sport 2020 2021 2022, Aluminum Crossbars Roof Top Cargo Racks Luggage Ski Bike Snowboard Carrier, Cargo Bars - Amazon Canada

They clearly state what models / Years they fit.

I'm sure others will fit too for the Outer Banks 2021 but I picked these since they looked stronger than others and especially they don't stick out beyond the roof and have a low profile. (my main objective is carrying a canoe) Also - a fraction of the snobby, ridiculously overpriced Thule or Rhino brands.

I installed them today ... fit like a glove with nice rubber pads built in top and bottom claw. Easy to install. Not sure what the difference is between the 21 and 22 but these fit my 21 Outer Banks perfectly.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi,
if you don't want to spend the outrageous prices for Thule, here is an alternative and they fir perfectly, great quality. Also if you prefer the more inline look as opposed to sticking out over the width of the vehicle: see previous post below:

FengYu Roof Rack Cross Bars for Ford Bronco Sport 2020 2021 2022, Aluminum Crossbars Roof Top Cargo Racks Luggage Ski Bike Snowboard Carrier, Cargo Bars - Amazon Canada

They clearly state what models / Years they fit.

I'm sure others will fit too for the Outer Banks 2021 but I picked these since they looked stronger than others and especially they don't stick out beyond the roof and have a low profile. (my main objective is carrying a canoe) Also - a fraction of the snobby, ridiculously overpriced Thule or Rhino brands.

I installed them today ... fit like a glove with nice rubber pads built in top and bottom claw. Easy to install. Not sure what the difference is between the 21 and 22 but these fit my 21 Outer Banks perfectly.

I hear you as far as the high price to buy into either a Yakima or the Thule system (feet and crossbars) but things to consider...namely safety of the system before you start adding baskets, cargo boxes or even a roof top tent !

I tried a couple of Amazon knockoffs and have no issues using what works... but fit and finish was lacking. I finally opted to buy the Thule system for by BLs and feel much better about adding stuff to my basket.

Making prudent choices is always important... whether it be cost or having a sense of assuredness. just my personal experience.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Crossbar Help - 2022 Big Bend IMG_6531

Ford Bronco Sport Thule Crossbar Help - 2022 Big Bend IMG_6537