dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I just changed the batteries on my wife's 3 year old Explorer. She often leaves the fob in the car and uses the keypad for locking and unlocking so I wonder if the fob is busy talking to the car when it is in proximity and using up battery juice.

BTW, the Escape fob above looks like it has a button for the power rear door that the BS does not have.
Probably because the BS doesn't have a power tail gate.

edit: I re-read your message and I think I just said the same thing..
Sponsored

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I Obtained 2 extra FOB’s for a total of 4 fobs, how do I program the other 2?

I have instructions for programming extra fobs for Ford Vehicles that still use a key, but not ones with button start.

DanG227

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
my remote start doesn’t work on my fob for my Outer banks. Is there something I am missing?

My Outer Banks has remote start on FordPass and on the fob alone.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Nice, very good looking
But maybe I'm old school because I've been using actual keys to turn on my car.. a lot of times my wife and I either forget the keys in the car, or walk away with the keys when the other person needs it to continue driving.

I'd like to see a manufacturer use rechargeable batteries in key fobs with the ability for induction charging. Build a small induction charging slot so I can put the key in there when I drive. I'm obviously asking for too much ingenuity.
put the charging slot very near the start button, so when it's discharged it doesn't take long to start the vehicle.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
Thank you so much! I am a dumbass. I almost called the dealership about it.
Your welcome. My '15 Escape fobs came with a small tag on them that spelled this out in pictograms. My '19 Ranger has the exact same fob as yours and did not come with the tags, so if you have never had this type of key fob how would you know. The dealership should have gone over this with you at delivery. If they didn't, shame on them.
Sponsored