Texas Off Roadeo thoughts and experiences?

Sailor

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Anyone else go to the Texas Off Roadeo? What were your thoughts & experiences?

Personally, we loved it and would highly recommend it to anyone. Even the additional guest price was worth it to us! Our Trail Guide (Anthony) was excellent. Even in the Bronco Sport, you don’t miss out on anything!!!! It’s fun to see the Big Broncos riding around, but as we learned… the Bronco Sport makes you a better driver as you learn to be more technical in approaching obstacles. There were even a few “oh crap” moments when driving as they have you test the Bronco Sport to the limits and it can make you nervous! Highlight was the Texas Roadrunner aka a dirt “race track”. Seems like the Trail Guides have some flexibility based on people in the group and if there is extra time. We got to do the “race track” a few times! It was awesome!!!! Pictures don’t do this place justice…You have to experience Texas Hill Country in person!

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Off Roadeo thoughts and experiences? F36CA93F-9D6C-47E0-AC17-1EE55D9DB08B

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Off Roadeo thoughts and experiences? 57CCE554-B707-4526-8F74-6C5163DACC19

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Off Roadeo thoughts and experiences? 39601D59-1E1E-4492-942C-4D4210308FE0

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Off Roadeo thoughts and experiences? 3D86149C-2220-40BF-B815-72C24B11299A

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Off Roadeo thoughts and experiences? 4FACF582-0F61-40E3-AA45-A05742B4D934

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Off Roadeo thoughts and experiences? 021B716A-8FEE-4461-B2B9-07F9E8C67AFB

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Off Roadeo thoughts and experiences? 021CCF3E-09C2-4CBF-9026-E2A14203FC13

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Off Roadeo thoughts and experiences? E10772F0-1729-4D58-A9EC-DBC98906DC84
Sponsored

warpig

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you don't mind me asking how much does it cost? It doesn't have to be exact just around.

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
If you don't mind me asking how much does it cost? It doesn't have to be exact just around.
Hey! Bronco Sport Badlands and First Edition owners are eligible for the Texas Off Roadeo only. As far as I know, it hasn’t been announced what the costs will be for the public or non-Bronco BS BL/FE owners. Here is a screenshot with the costs:

Ford Bronco Sport Texas Off Roadeo thoughts and experiences? 97E2415C-59CE-40D6-9823-4897981F4B3F

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Just got back from the Off Roadeo. It was an awesome experience.

We drove the BS on day 1 and got to drive the Bronco on day 2. I still love my BS and it was awesome to test out its capabilities, but I’m pretty sure I foresee a big Bronco in my future.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Just got back from the Off Roadeo. It was an awesome experience.

We drove the BS on day 1 and got to drive the Bronco on day 2. I still love my BS and it was awesome to test out its capabilities, but I’m pretty sure I foresee a big Bronco in my future.
Im actually planning on going to look at a full size today- a dealership has. A mannequin on the floor to drive etc... i already asked and they arent allowed to sell it for 6-8mnths or something... but didnt really hvae qn answer when i asked if there was a way to secure me buying it used after the mannequin time expired so i think im gonna stop by and visit the floor manager hahaha

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Im actually planning on going to look at a full size today- a dealership has. A mannequin on the floor to drive etc... i already asked and they arent allowed to sell it for 6-8mnths or something... but didnt really hvae qn answer when i asked if there was a way to secure me buying it used after the mannequin time expired so i think im gonna stop by and visit the floor manager hahaha
I know someone who recently bought a 4 door Wildrtrak mannequin. He dealer had to call Ford corporate to get permission to sell it.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I know someone who recently bought a 4 door Wildrtrak mannequin. He dealer had to call Ford corporate to get permission to sell it.
Stopped by ... 2 door outer banks... biy smaller than i guess i anticipated i think ... it is nice... drove it on the lot .. nothing super thrilling drives about like. A ranger which is expected i suppose - like to see a 4 door.

ryan_norris

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport - Badlands
I just got back from it this week. They were short on guides so I couldn't drive the sport like I own. I drove the big bronco for two days. It was a blast. I learned a ton and had a blast. I recommend it to anyone. I love my sport but want a big one in the future.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Stopped by ... 2 door outer banks... biy smaller than i guess i anticipated i think ... it is nice... drove it on the lot .. nothing super thrilling drives about like. A ranger which is expected i suppose - like to see a 4 door.
Off road is where you really see the difference. We drove the BS on some moderate trails, every now and then you had to lock up the rear to make it through some parts.

With the Bronco we drove the entire time in 4 Low and with the sway bar disconnected. Only when we were doing some serious rock crawling did we have to engage the lockers.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Off road is where you really see the difference. We drove the BS on some moderate trails, every now and then you had to lock up the rear to make it through some parts.

With the Bronco we drove the entire time in 4 Low and with the sway bar disconnected. Only when we were doing some serious rock crawling did we have to engage the lockers.
Oh for sure the thing is an offroad machine... but you can a pretty decked out jeep for the same price... so i guess it would come down to preference... size wise ... as much as i love the 2 door it wouldnt be an option... it is just too small for me... the sport is larger ... havent seen a four door... im told there is one at another dealership as display but that the manager drives it as his daily also.... if one is in my future it will be a company vehicle wrapped as q giant mobile billboard i think....

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Oh for sure the thing is an offroad machine... but you can a pretty decked out jeep for the same price... so i guess it would come down to preference... size wise ... as much as i love the 2 door it wouldnt be an option... it is just too small for me... the sport is larger ... havent seen a four door... im told there is one at another dealership as display but that the manager drives it as his daily also.... if one is in my future it will be a company vehicle wrapped as q giant mobile billboard i think....
I agree, save for the front suspension they are both pretty similar. At the very end we drove a Baja course and at 25-30mph the independent front suspension helped it have a surprisingly comfortable ride.

I like Wranglers and almost bought a Rubicon before I got my last car. The Bronco definitely has the advantages of being new and unique and currently rare going for it.

playdohpy

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just registered for October and have a buddy that's tagging along as a guest. What do you get to do as the guest and what do they get for the $395? The site says it covers a "welcome gift", food, etc, but now that it's been cut down to 1 day instead of 1.5 days, is it still worth it for the guest?

OP
OP
Sailor

Sailor

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just registered for October and have a buddy that's tagging along as a guest. What do you get to do as the guest and what do they get for the $395? The site says it covers a "welcome gift", food, etc, but now that it's been cut down to 1 day instead of 1.5 days, is it still worth it for the guest?
We thought it was worth it and I was the guest! You can switch drivers at obstacles based on preference. So you each can drive 1/2 and 1/2 if you prefer. I decided to only drive about 20% of the time and still had a blast. Also, your guest will help the main driver spot on certain occasions and learn spotting techniques. Guests get the same welcome package which includes a Yeti Bottle and are included in the food provided, which we thought was delicious and provided by Horseshoe Bay Resort. They provided lunch, dinner and had healthy snacks at the counter you could snack on while at Base Camp.

We attended when it was two days, however with the switch to the 1 day, I’m sure it will be just as good. In fact, everything you learn builds up to the next trail ride, so you won’t have that gap in between days like we did. You’ll still have the same drive time as the two day people did but it’s packed into the same day which will be a whirlwind experience, in my opinion.

I don’t know if this helps any, but we grew up doing some off-roading in Colorado so even though we were considered more experienced than a novice, it was still a blast! We learned some things and when we came back from the Texas Off-Roadeo we took our BS BL up to Ouray, Colorado and did the entire Imogene Pass with only a few skid plate touches and came out unscathed! We also did 1/2 of Black Bear Pass (turned around at the steps portion). It was the Texas Off Roadeo and Trail Guides that helped us feel confident in the BS BL ability. Without the Off-Roadeo we would not have had that confidence in the BS.
Hope that helps!

playdohpy

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
We thought it was worth it and I was the guest! You can switch drivers at obstacles based on preference. So you each can drive 1/2 and 1/2 if you prefer. I decided to only drive about 20% of the time and still had a blast. Also, your guest will help the main driver spot on certain occasions and learn spotting techniques. Guests get the same welcome package which includes a Yeti Bottle and are included in the food provided, which we thought was delicious and provided by Horseshoe Bay Resort. They provided lunch, dinner and had healthy snacks at the counter you could snack on while at Base Camp.

We attended when it was two days, however with the switch to the 1 day, I’m sure it will be just as good. In fact, everything you learn builds up to the next trail ride, so you won’t have that gap in between days like we did. You’ll still have the same drive time as the two day people did but it’s packed into the same day which will be a whirlwind experience, in my opinion.

I don’t know if this helps any, but we grew up doing some off-roading in Colorado so even though we were considered more experienced than a novice, it was still a blast! We learned some things and when we came back from the Texas Off-Roadeo we took our BS BL up to Ouray, Colorado and did the entire Imogene Pass with only a few skid plate touches and came out unscathed! We also did 1/2 of Black Bear Pass (turned around at the steps portion). It was the Texas Off Roadeo and Trail Guides that helped us feel confident in the BS BL ability. Without the Off-Roadeo we would not have had that confidence in the BS.
Hope that helps!
Thanks so much for the details! That does sound like it's worth it!

TexasJDub

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I bought my BS Badlands back in April but am just now finally verified as the dealership failed to put in something I'm told. Looks like I'll be able to attend the Texas one in November.
Sponsored