Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
New owner, longtime lurker here.

I'm curious if anyone else is having trouble connecting their Sync 3 system to their WiFi. My home WiFi has special characters in the password (think spaces, asterisks, commas, etc). It's also pretty long, over 20 characters. Every time I try connecting, I get that the password was rejected.

Being an enthusiastic troubleshooter, I connected It to my phone hotspot with an all alphabetical password, and it worked fine. I then set the password for the hotspot to match my home WiFi pwd, and it rejected it again.

I chatted with Ford Service yesterday, and they told me to just change my home WiFi password to something that works. I think that's a horrible workaround, given how many devices I have connected and how I'm not even sure which new passwords would work. I assumed the Sync system was WiFi Certified, but this really looks like it doesn't meet the standards.

Just curious if anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Is your home WiFi set to broadcast the name, or is it hidden?

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
New owner, longtime lurker here.

I'm curious if anyone else is having trouble connecting their Sync 3 system to their WiFi. My home WiFi has special characters in the password (think spaces, asterisks, commas, etc). It's also pretty long, over 20 characters. Every time I try connecting, I get that the password was rejected.

Being an enthusiastic troubleshooter, I connected It to my phone hotspot with an all alphabetical password, and it worked fine. I then set the password for the hotspot to match my home WiFi pwd, and it rejected it again.

I chatted with Ford Service yesterday, and they told me to just change my home WiFi password to something that works. I think that's a horrible workaround, given how many devices I have connected and how I'm not even sure which new passwords would work. I assumed the Sync system was WiFi Certified, but this really looks like it doesn't meet the standards.

Just curious if anyone else experienced this?
If you have not already done this.. start with a simpler WiFi password at say 8 characters and numbers to make sure that works

Because I change my WiFi password often, I’ve used nearly every character, number and special character but no spaces.

Take your time and create a password using the set of special characters you use and it won’t take you long to figure out what was the issue then eliminate the one(s) that do not work.