3leggedhorse

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
we sometimes play a video through the bluetooth synced ford speakers and it is often if not always out of sync by 1 or 2 seconds.....this not unique to one device or unique to the BS. Unfortunately, my google searches havent yielded any solutions.
thoughts?
Sponsored

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Bluetooth always will have a lag with audio. Depending on the Bluetooth version of both devices, and software of both devices, some software automatically adds a delay to the video to match the delay of the audio, though most don't. I stream 4k to my TV on a daily basis and there is always a video lag on one device over the other, but my tv auto syncs delayed audio with the video. Most tablets and phones do not sync the video with the delayed audio so if you are watching a video on your mobile device while streaming audio via BT, there is no way around it from my understanding, outside of going to a wired connection, or built in software with the device you are using.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Could be the bluetooth receiver in the bronco itself, could be the transmitter in your phone, or could be both. Really only option you would have is to try a different (and newer) phone, but I'd say it's not worth buying a new phone just for that because it's unlikely to fix it.

West Kove

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I have been disappointed as well. My 2013 Ford had an old Sync 2 I believe and it did not lag with YouTube videos. I did the current update for sync via USB and it did nothing.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have been disappointed as well. My 2013 Ford had an old Sync 2 I believe and it did not lag with YouTube videos. I did the current update for sync via USB and it did nothing.
I'm confused, how are you watching YouTube videos on SYNC?

CletusVanDam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I know when I listen to audio over Bluetooth, I get input lag -- like if I hit fast-forward on my phone, it takes a second to actually fast-forward. But, if I'm plugged in, using Android Auto, there's no lag.

In my Dodge Ram, I have an aftermarket receiver and there's no Bluetooth lag, even when I'm not plugged in.

I think the Bluetooth hardware/driver on the Bronco Sport is just not very good.

West Kove

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I'm confused, how are you watching YouTube videos on SYNC?
It's an audio lag when I play YouTube videos on my phone. there is also a Bluetooth lag when changing songs that are playing from your phone.
Sponsored