Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Has anyone else had any trouble with Sync 3 finding available wifi networks? The back of my garage is adjacent to the room where my modem is located. I get full wifi bars on my cell phone and smart garage opener. But, my Sync 3 can't see anything. I tried turning on the wifi hotspot on my cell phone, but Sync still couldn't see anything. I did verify that wifi is turned on in the settings.

Any idea what's wrong?
Sponsored

gavin28x

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just a guess but are you using 5ghz or 2.4ghz? If both, maybe the sport ONLY wants 2.4gz? I know I had to setup a separate WIFI network for a lot of my smart devices that is 2.4ghz only.

OP
OP
Y2Dre

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a guess but are you using 5ghz or 2.4ghz? If both, maybe the sport ONLY wants 2.4gz? I know I had to setup a separate WIFI network for a lot of my smart devices that is 2.4ghz only.
I'm using both. That would probably explain my problem. Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
Y2Dre

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine works fine with dual band wifi 6, same network name.
I forgot to update this thread. Out of nowhere, my Sync 3 finally found my wifi network two days ago and is now connected to my network as-is, without the need to separate my wifi bands or edit my password length.

I wish I knew what the problem was. But, I decided to not worry about it because working beats not working every day of the week.

BobH

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Miata GT 97 f150 21 BS BL
I forgot to update this thread. Out of nowhere, my Sync 3 finally found my wifi network two days ago and is now connected to my network as-is, without the need to separate my wifi bands or edit my password length.

I wish I knew what the problem was. But, I decided to not worry about it because working beats not working every day of the week.
Same thing happened to me. Sync could not find my home wifi or my phone set up as a hot spot. Tried it a few days later and didn't have a problem. I wonder if Sync updated during that time thru the built in ATT hot spot and that changed things.

maddogronnie

Outer Banks
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Same thing happened to me. Sync could not find my home wifi or my phone set up as a hot spot. Tried it a few days later and didn't have a problem. I wonder if Sync updated during that time thru the built in ATT hot spot and that changed things.
I am unable to see the hotspot on my wifi. I can find the hotspot on my phone and connect and I can find my hotspot from my phone on my bronco wifi and connect but I cannot find the bronco hotspot on the bronco wifi. Any suggestions?
Sponsored