Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
What shade of blue is used to light up the interior switched and what not? I am thinking of getting some kind of ambeient lighting and want it to match. I do not have a vehicle yet to look at.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Pre customization ideas . I’ll watch this thread.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
2 ideas brewing.

DBBLTAP

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 MFE (Mighty Ford Escape)
2022 Badlands. The lack of interior ambient lighting annoys the heck out of me. Specifically lighting in the footwells and glove box. In a dark environment, a person shouldn't have to find a flashlight to look for something dropped on the floor or in the glove box. Just sayin' ....

I had the same issue with my 2001 Escape XLT. I brainstormed a coupla' ideas, and with the convenience of a nearby Radio Shack, I made the mods to correct these issues (my glove box fix won't work on the Sport). I think I'll put the lighting issue on my Arizona winter project list.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Yes, I just want the color to match. As a guess I think it might be what some led lights call ice blue.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
4 Pieces Mini USB LED Light, RGB Car LED Interior Lighting DC 5V Smart USB LED Atmosphere Light, Laptop Keyboard Light Home Office Decoration Night Lamp, Adjustable Brightness, 8 Colors https://a.co/d/5Q6Zk8C

I use these sometimes. They are nice because you can rotate through the colors. I’ll have to see what the blues look like. I’ll try to get some pics later

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I want to get a single hole mount led to mount in the upper console to shine down onto the center console. Then a small strip by your feet. I am considering the Escape cup holders as they are illuminated. The light uptop would be the one non blue color. I figure soft white would be best for that one. Not sure yet though.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I want to get a single hole mount led to mount in the upper console to shine down onto the center console. Then a small strip by your feet. I am considering the Escape cup holders as they are illuminated. The light uptop would be the one non blue color. I figure soft white would be best for that one. Not sure yet though.
Search threads on the cup holders. They stopped putting the wire into the console last year sometime. On a Badlands you’ll have to splice into another wire to get power. It won’t be a plug and play swap.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Search threads on the cup holders. They stopped putting the wire into the console last year sometime. On a Badlands you’ll have to splice into another wire to get power. It won’t be a plug and play swap.
I figured i would be looking for a lighting wire to tap into or wire it with the floor lights if I add it. Not sure, It's still a thought in process. Half of which I'll forget by the time My BS BL is delivered.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Looks good. I want to go with something like this color. I think it may be a closer match to the blue in the lighting on the switches and even the escape cup holder. What do you think? https://www.google.com/search?q=ice+blue+led+strip&oq=ice&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j46i67i199i433i465j35i39l2j0i67j46i20i263i433i512j46i433i512j0i67j46i433i512j46i67i131i433.5204j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
and this in a warm white over head shining down to the floor console. https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle-lights/led-accent-lighting/led-wired-bolts/bolt-beam-12mm-led-light-12b-x

Last edited:

VampireX

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I added Xprite Bluetooth light strips. It has an app that controls exact color but their “ice blue” default on the included remote is a pretty close match.

Also, I used a 90-degree USB-C to USB adapter so I didn’t have to hard wire it. You can’t see that plug from any of the seats.

install was super easy.

Ford Bronco Sport Switch color 2974716F-7342-4A15-A0D5-A7D723D06E2E

Ford Bronco Sport Switch color E528F981-FFBD-4D8E-8102-B379BFD9A112

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Check for other threads on the illuminated cup holder issue. There are several with very good information.
Sponsored